Ratings for Dr. Timothy George

I have been seeing Dr George since my oldest was an infant and he is now going to be 19. I love Dr. George but his recent staff Dr. Nish (probably not the right spelling ) not so great. I honestly think things have changed since he has been with ProHealth. Dr George himself is a great doctor but what is going on recently not so great.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Heard all good things about dr george and was very satisfied as a new mom felt very comfortable with him and not rushed took his time to explain

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

I am a new mom and have had a gret experience with the doctors in the West Islip Pediatrics Group

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. George has been seeing my children since they were born (they are now 6 & 7). He is extremely patient and kind with myself and my children. When we first started seeing Dr. George it was a small practice. His practice has now grown to include 7 doctors. I like to only see Dr. George for well visits- however we see whomever is available for sick visits and I've never had a problem. Dr. George goes above and beyond to ensure the health and well being of my children- calling to check on them, visiting my son when he was in the PICU (Dr. George was not his Dr- when kids go into ICU the hospital drs take over) I can not say enough good things about this practice. I am happy to have them as my children's doctors.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I just called Dr George;s office and they just said that they don't set aside time for Consults to see new patients. Crazy! I;ve never had an issue meeting with a doctor to ask them what they practicing philosophy is. The first woman told me that they might not even take patients that are not newborn. That's age discrimination.I also just spoke to one of my friends who is going to be having her first baby and they wanted to charge her insurance for a Consult to meet the doctor to see if he would be a good fit.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

My son was a patient there from the day he was born. At first I thought " this is this place to care for my child". Then the office became a clinic and I felt I was there every other week with the same complaint. Then test results were lost, I would leave messages and receive no call backs. The staff is horrible to say the least. Once Dr George sold the practice to pro-health seemed to care even less. I became uncomfortable going there or even calling there for advise. I should have listen to several friends of mine who advised me not to take my child to that office.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

My children have seen Dr. George since they were infants and they are now teenagers. Dr. George has ALWAYS cared and been there for them. He never rushes and always take time to speak with both my husband and I and the children. He is one of a kind and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

I saw Dr.George in Good Sam hospital after I delivered my first daughter in April 2013, and I decided to stay with him because I liked how patient he was with my questions as a new mom. Now fast forward to my first wellness visit. I didn't get to see Dr. George. The nurse looked at me and said,I have to ask you look like a baby how old are you? RUDE! And then at my next visit, they had no record of her ear screening, and said if we did it again I would have to pay. Then finally I did see Dr.George and it came time for him to examine my daughters genitals, and he didn't wash his hands!! He used a squirt on hand sanitizer,and then proceeded to touch her genitals. He couldn't even take the time to wash properly! I was ready to scream. I wouldn't recommend him, and am now looking for a new predication.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr George's office used to be a good place to take my children, however, it has become very "clinic" like and you never know what dr your going to see. Dr George is great if you ever actually get the chance to see him. Not too keen on the female drs, my advice is don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr. George has been taking care of my children for 10 years. He and his staff are wonderful, caring people. The ladies at the reception desk are patient and courteous and the nurses are very friendly. It is obvious that they enjoy what they do. I am very happy with the care my children receive and I love the fact that Dr. George listens not only as a Dr. but also remembers and relates to the parent side of things.He is the expert on the medicine but I am the expert on my children and he respects that. My children look forward to seeing him when they are sick because they know they will be on their way to feeling better. He is always available and takes the time to thoroughly explain anything you ask about. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Dr. Timothy George's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1993)

Healthnet