Ratings for Dr. Hassan Shenassa

Hello Hassan, Not sure if you remember me. It has been almost 20 years. You preformed laparoscopic surgery on a fibroid that was causing me much pain. I guess you could say I was your Guinea Pig at the time. I remember being scared & anxious when Dr Ivey referred me to you. Just after having our second child. I remember saying to myself but he is so young & was just a resident lol. Anyways after our first meeting all that fear & anxiety faded very quickly. I remember how excited you were to try this new procedure out & I loved the idea of not having another major surgery. I remember in recovery how happy you were with the results. You even mentioned that you recorded it for future references. I laughed & still smile to this day about your passion for what you do. You have a Gift!! Love that you are still going stronger than ever! I have not had any issues since that ground breaking surgery 20 years ago. So again Hassin Thank You for that. Now as I'm in the beginning of menopause... I may need to give you a call one day. Lol Blessing C Humphreys.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

It's wonderful to see that Dr. Shenassa continues to offer incredible care. He delivered my second son 18 years ago. He took a very conservative approach toward my request for a VBAC. I was terribly nervous about the prospect of a second c-section, and his calm and kind manner was just what I needed. I went into labor and had complications. He caught the problem and was kind, efficient and meticulous in his care with the ensuing c-section. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. His combination of warmth and professionalism is something that my husband and I both remember to this day.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I have been with Dr. Shenassa for more than six years and his abilities to both hear you and treat you are second to none. I have always left appointments and surgeries feeling safe, cared for and confident in his plan for me. His admin assistant Maria should not go without being mentioned as well. She is quick to get back to me with any questions I have and is always trying to find the best solution for any issue I might have. They are a dream team and I am so thankful to have them on my side.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Shenassa deserves more than 5 stars. He is a very skilled surgeon and doctor who shows genuine care for his patients. I suffered for yrs with fibroids, especially one that was very large. I'm very pleased with my surgery and the positive experience I've had with Dr. Shenassa and his staff, who are pleasant and helpful. Thank you !

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

In my view, Dr. Shenassa was born to be a HEALER. He possesses all the quality of a real doctor: knowledge and thoughtfulness, ability to listen and attention to details, initiative and enthusiasm, and most importantly, compassion. Dr. Shenassa is one of the most impressive people I have ever met.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I had the best experience with Maria today when I needed to see Dr. Shenassa urgently. She not only booked me within few hours but after my consultation explained the entire process thoroughly and in a very professional manner with lots of patience. She is very courteous and pleasant to deal with. Hats off to Dr. Shanassa to have such an awesome admin staff to complement his excellent patient care.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Maria is a very rude person. She is never at her phones...you can never get through..i overheard her speaking to a coworker as well and it was very inapropriate

Submitted April 29, 2016

“I was beyond impressed with my experience at Dr. Shenassa office. My first contact was with Maria and I was completely blown away by how helpful and kind she was and how fast she was at getting back to me! I’m almost always able to schedule an appt. within a few days of my calling and receive a response to phone questions often the same day. A lot of doctors don’t realize how important it is to have administration like Maria. The first point of contact is crucial! Now on to the appointment… my appointment ran on time, Dr. Shenassa was really knowledgeable, accommodating, concerned and has always provided the absolute best care and made me feel comfortable throughout the appointment! His demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. Dr. Shenassa is a higher standard of health care, and I hope his model is the future of the medical industry!” Irini N

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Hassan Shenassa

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's response
Thank you for these kind words. I certainly appreciate Maria, my assistant. Especially as today is Administrative Assistant day :)

Submitted April 27, 2016

Hi Dr Shenassa, I see you read these and I hope to get a response. I've had large fibroids for 3+ yrs and in pain , I have a prolapsed bladder and experience incontinence frequently everyday... I'm suffering and in so much pain my current Obgyn can't be bothered she just keeps upping my pain meds until I get an eventual surgery, I want surgery , it affects my daily life can you help me? Thank you for your yime

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Dr. Hassan Shenassa

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's response
Hi, I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I expect the best approach would be for you to sit down with your OBGYN and review your concerns. I am not able to give you medical advice on public forum. If you are not happy with the care you receive, you can always ask your Family Doc to refer you to someone else. As much as i would be happy to help you, i am concerned that my surgical wait times are longer than ideal. Best, H.S.

Submitted April 27, 2016

I have profound respect for Dr. Shenassa. There aren't words enough to accurately depict just how incredible he is in his practice. From the moment we started speaking to the moment I left his office, I felt cared for. He radiates compassion and warmth. I can only imagine how busy he is, yet he made me feel like the only patient in the world when I was with him. He truly listened to and considered my concerns. He was professional, respectful, and modest - he spoke to me as an equal. When I got up to leave his office after my appointment, Dr. Shenassa looked me in the eyes and said "We're going to figure this out. Together." And I believe him. You are in good hands if you see Dr. Shenassa.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English