You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Hassan Shenassa

I have been with Dr. Shenassa for more than six years and his abilities to both hear you and treat you are second to none. I have always left appointments and surgeries feeling safe, cared for and confident in his plan for me. His admin assistant Maria should not go without being mentioned as well. She is quick to get back to me with any questions I have and is always trying to find the best solution for any issue I might have. They are a dream team and I am so thankful to have them on my side.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Shenassa deserves more than 5 stars. He is a very skilled surgeon and doctor who shows genuine care for his patients. I suffered for yrs with fibroids, especially one that was very large. I'm very pleased with my surgery and the positive experience I've had with Dr. Shenassa and his staff, who are pleasant and helpful. Thank you !

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

In my view, Dr. Shenassa was born to be a HEALER. He possesses all the quality of a real doctor: knowledge and thoughtfulness, ability to listen and attention to details, initiative and enthusiasm, and most importantly, compassion. Dr. Shenassa is one of the most impressive people I have ever met.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I had the best experience with Maria today when I needed to see Dr. Shenassa urgently. She not only booked me within few hours but after my consultation explained the entire process thoroughly and in a very professional manner with lots of patience. She is very courteous and pleasant to deal with. Hats off to Dr. Shanassa to have such an awesome admin staff to complement his excellent patient care.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Submitted April 29, 2016

“I was beyond impressed with my experience at Dr. Shenassa office. My first contact was with Maria and I was completely blown away by how helpful and kind she was and how fast she was at getting back to me! I’m almost always able to schedule an appt. within a few days of my calling and receive a response to phone questions often the same day. A lot of doctors don’t realize how important it is to have administration like Maria. The first point of contact is crucial! Now on to the appointment… my appointment ran on time, Dr. Shenassa was really knowledgeable, accommodating, concerned and has always provided the absolute best care and made me feel comfortable throughout the appointment! His demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. Dr. Shenassa is a higher standard of health care, and I hope his model is the future of the medical industry!” Irini N

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's response
Thank you for these kind words. I certainly appreciate Maria, my assistant. Especially as today is Administrative Assistant day :)

Submitted April 27, 2016

Hi Dr Shenassa, I see you read these and I hope to get a response. I've had large fibroids for 3+ yrs and in pain , I have a prolapsed bladder and experience incontinence frequently everyday... I'm suffering and in so much pain my current Obgyn can't be bothered she just keeps upping my pain meds until I get an eventual surgery, I want surgery , it affects my daily life can you help me? Thank you for your yime

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's response
Hi, I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I expect the best approach would be for you to sit down with your OBGYN and review your concerns. I am not able to give you medical advice on public forum. If you are not happy with the care you receive, you can always ask your Family Doc to refer you to someone else. As much as i would be happy to help you, i am concerned that my surgical wait times are longer than ideal. Best, H.S.

Submitted April 27, 2016

I have profound respect for Dr. Shenassa. There aren't words enough to accurately depict just how incredible he is in his practice. From the moment we started speaking to the moment I left his office, I felt cared for. He radiates compassion and warmth. I can only imagine how busy he is, yet he made me feel like the only patient in the world when I was with him. He truly listened to and considered my concerns. He was professional, respectful, and modest - he spoke to me as an equal. When I got up to leave his office after my appointment, Dr. Shenassa looked me in the eyes and said "We're going to figure this out. Together." And I believe him. You are in good hands if you see Dr. Shenassa.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr Shenassa, I am having so much trouble getting through to your office. The phone never gets answered and calls never get returned despite numerous messages. I finally got Maria after weeks of trying and she put me on hold and the line was disconnected. I have had no success since. Not sure what else I can do.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's response
Hello, i am so sorry you have had such a difficult time reaching me. Please fax your coordinates to my office at 613-725-1647, Attention Dr. Shenassa and i will get back to you on the same day. I will also look into your complaint. Take good care, Hassan

Submitted April 13, 2016

My favorite thing about Dr. Shenassa is his ability to listen. I felt like my opinions mattered and he never shied away from encouraging me to participate in my healthcare. Rather than treat a unique and challenging problem as a deterrent, he jumps right in and gives you faith that he will find a solution - which he always does. I am also appreciate of and grateful for Maria for being so effective and efficient in a role that is commonly undervalued and often misinterpreted as requiring little effort. I am very lucky to be cared for by such a great team of people. Thank you to both of you.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr. Shenassa for more than six years and his abilities to both hear you and treat you are second to none. I have always left appointments and s..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shenassa deserves more than 5 stars. He is a very skilled surgeon and doctor who shows genuine care for his patients. I suffered for yrs with fibroids, espe..."

May 14, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "In my view, Dr. Shenassa was born to be a HEALER. He possesses all the quality of a real doctor: knowledge and thoughtfulness, ability to listen and attention t..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the best experience with Maria today when I needed to see Dr. Shenassa urgently. She not only booked me within few hours but after my consultation expl..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Maria is a very rude person. She is never at her phones...you can never get through..i overheard her speaking to a coworker as well and it was very inapropriate"

April 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "“I was beyond impressed with my experience at Dr. Shenassa office. My first contact was with Maria and I was completely blown away by how helpful and kind she w..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Hi Dr Shenassa, I see you read these and I hope to get a response. I've had large fibroids for 3+ yrs and in pain , I have a prolapsed bladder and experience in..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have profound respect for Dr. Shenassa. There aren't words enough to accurately depict just how incredible he is in his practice. From the moment we started s..."

April 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shenassa, I am having so much trouble getting through to your office. The phone never gets answered and calls never get returned despite numerous messages. I..."

April 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My favorite thing about Dr. Shenassa is his ability to listen. I felt like my opinions mattered and he never shied away from encouraging me to participate in my..."

January 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shenessa performed a bilateral salpingo oopherectomy on me recently. He is a very compassionate doctor that really cares about his patients. I am very fortu..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Friendly nurses and knowledgeable doctor- although it is hard to get through to the front desk sometimes. "

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had medical treatment from a number of doctors over the years. However, Dr. Shenassa surpasses all. He is very compassionate and kind and has his patient..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hassan Shenassa is a great gynecologist, extremely knowledgeable and caring for his patients. His work is also abroad in some poor countries where his contr..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shenassa is by far the best doctor I have ever encountered, however his assistant Maria does nothing but make him look bad...She never answers the phone or ..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When it comes to gynaecologists Dr.Shenassa is the best that I personally have encountered thus far! He is very easy to talk too, professional in regards to his..."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is great. He explains you everything and he is there for you. his assistant never answers the phone and never returns calls. "

October 13, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Simply the best ever! I highly recommend him. He's very personable and easy to talk to. Unfortunately, Maria (his assistant) never answers the p..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doc..worst assistant. Maria is rude and dismissive...she needs to go somewhere else nit work or a reputable doctor..very unprofessional"

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is the best Gynaecologist I had so far at least in Ottawa "

September 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Dr. Kind, careing, knowledgable, patient. I was very content with his service and his staff. Thank you for everything!"

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shenassa is a very compassionate, caring, humble, kind, understanding & a 'true' gentleman. He has a very good bed-side manner & a 'God-send' who truly ma..."

May 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He is a wonderful doctor, knowledgeable, caring and helpful. You always feel like you're his #1 priority. Wish there were more like him."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Professional, extremely knowledgeable, great surgeon who's down to earth and cares about his patients like a member of his family. God Bless him."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shenassa is amazing and so is the entire staff. I just had surgery and was amazed at the service I received. Dr. Shenassa is one of the most caring and ski..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "What can I say about Dr Shenassa? Compassionate, knowledgeable, attentive, and highly skilled. Dr Shenassa performed my high-risk abdominal myomectomy. I fel..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "If you can get in to see him, GO! I'm 54 and after seeing my share of Gynecologists he is the best, hands down"

March 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just an excellent, highly skilled, funny, compassionate Doctor. I have also seen a few Gynos over the years and NONE compare in every way. I am SO thankful to ..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shenassa is the BEST doctor I could ever have :) THANK YOU!"

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Fabulous doctor and kind compassionate person. He has wonderful bedside manner and is not above reassurance or calling to check on a patient after surgery. Hi..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing him for years to treat my Endometriosis and he was my obgyn for 1 of my pregnancies. He is very knowledgeable and professional."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Shenassa to have a Mirena put in after 2 failed attempts by my GP. He was one of the nicest and most professional doctors I have ever seen. I was comp..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One of the nicest Dr I have come to know he did my hysterectomy he was very good I had no after pain and I was happy for not having the cut on my stomach Than..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor, great bedside care, attentive, calm and patient. I've been having excessive pelvic pain for the last 20 years and getting worse the past 5 year..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have personally never met this doctor but he was kind enough to assist my doctor during my surgery. I have an advance stage of endometrosis and instead of let..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He was so kind and patient. My surgery couldn't have gone better and he made me feel reassured the whole time. Every time we met I cried (because I was so anxio..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "BEST, lucky to have this Wonderful Doctor. Very knowledgeable about his area of expertise."

October 1, 2014