Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Hassan Shenassa

We have few CERTIFIED obgyns, and Dr. Shenassa is one of them. He operated on my mother, the result and the healing process was amazing. No wonder that he was select as one of the “threebestRated obgyn” in Ottawa. I wish I could give him more than five stars; he is that amazing!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

I'm someone who also sees Dr. Shenassa for pretty severe pelvic pain. I'm also still struggling with the worst pain you can imagine... but I like that Dr. Shenessa hasn't operated on me yet. Dr. Shenassa is trying to explore all options before going into surgery because surgery should always be the last resort and it can actually make pain worse. I usually don't like male doctors for female issues but he's been so professional and I'm totally comfy with him. It seems Dr. Shenassa really cares about women's health and he's not a creep. For anyone struggling with chronic pain like me, you need your GP to prescribe the proper pain meds or get into a pain clinic... an OBGYN usually just gives pain meds post OP as they're not pain specialists and don't really prescribe long term. I agree that wait times can be crazy but that's just how it goes when you're at one of the top clinics in Ottawa. A last thing I want to say about Dr. Shenassa is I really appreciate his compassion. I was struggling with pretty bad depression and had a meltdown... but I apologized and said I'd be getting help for my depression and he allowed me to stay a patient and showed genuine concern when most doctors would have discharged me. Thank you, to both Dr. Shenassa and his wonderful secretary Maria. - The nerdy tattooed girl.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Great doctor! Very helpful and knowledgable and always positive and reassuring! And his receptionist Maria is the best!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

I am 10 weeks post Hysterectomy for Endo and feel so much better. THANK YOU! The support offered before and after surgery by Dr. Shenassa and his team is great.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I am now 6 weeks post surgery (total hysterectomy) and FEEL AMAZING. I am so anxious to get back to the parts of my life I had forgotten. I have been sick with endo for years and now feel better. I have recommended Dr. Shenassa numerous times to friends.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Hello Dr. Shenasa! I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have a large fibroid. I don't have an OBGYN. Please let me know if you are taking patients for child birth.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's response
Hi, I look at this site every few months, My work is Gynaecological surgery. Sorry, i don't deliver babies. If you call my office at 613-725-1870, ext 3, my assistant can refer you to great OB's in Ottawa.

Submitted May 28, 2018

I travelled from out of province to see dr. Shenassa. He figured out what was wrong, by the time I got there to see him, when no other doctors could figure it out. He explained everything that was going on and what needed to be done. I had my operation in December. My life is finally back on track and I feel great! My family and I am very grateful that he helped me. I would highly recommend this dr. Life changer!!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's response
I am so happy the surgery helped your pain. It was a pleasure being involved in your care. H. Shenassa

Submitted May 28, 2018

He has been my doctor for 21 year through all my children and multiple surgeries and I could not ask for a better doctor

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

I am in awe of this doctor and his staff. I had surgery yesterday, I am in no pain, home feeling healthy and happy and ready to move onto the next part of my life after suffering with endometriosis for almost 20 years. Thank you Dr. Shenassa to you and your team. I haven't felt this good in years.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

This makes me smile. :)

Submitted May 28, 2018

Dr. Hassan Shenassa is the best Dr I know. He is knowledgeable, patient and kind. He knows what he is doing and not let you go until you are completely cured. He's honored to his medical swear to take care of his patients and he does it passionately. Excellent.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Dr. Hassan Shenassa's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English