Ratings for Dr. Carmel Anderson

Not impressed whatsoever.....unknowledgeable, yawning At visit....avoided reason I was there....told me I needed psych Med. she was sending my Dr. An order for that ....very rude and uneducated,,.,,uncaring ,......worst Dr. I have ever seen........still dealing with same issues 7 years later...........a nightmare of a Dr.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Worth the trip to Vancouver to avoid seeing her again. A waste of time and sad to see medical students are learning from her. I have seen Dr Anderson a few times and every time I am rushed out of there without a clear treatment and maintenance plan. There is no cure for my condition and she did not appear interested in helping improve symptoms and was quick to refer back to family dr saying they need to perform a biopsy. Never explaining why she doesn't perform it there or at the very least order one. She does not treat more than one condition at a time....even though multiple conditions can be related/linked. I have better success with my family Dr and Naturopath. Save yourself the long wait and make the trip to Vancouver if you want a Dr that treats all of your dermatological issues.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

I've been seeing Dr. Anderson regularly for a number of years. She is knowledgeable, efficient, and has always communicated in a friendly and caring manner. Being the only dermatologist covering a very large area, it is understandable why wait times for appointments may be long. I highly recommend Dr. Anderson and have the utmost regard for her expertise.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Dr Anderson runs an efficient practice and it appears there is insufficient patient time but all concerns and procedures were addressed.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Office called me months ago to book my annual check for skin cancer. I called he office to confirm appointment time and they claimed I never had an appointment and that I now have to go back through the referral system and wait up to another whole year to get my appointment. Front end staff very rude and unprofessional. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr. Anderson's treatment plan has been life changing for me. Her staff are compassionate, prompt and very friendly. I am beyond grateful to Dr. Anderson and her staff for giving me a better quality of life

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Reviews from the site and an appointment from 2006 had me outsource a dermatologist from Penticton years ago. After his retirement, with no other choice besides going to Vancouver I made another appointment with Dr. Anderson. I was dreading the appointment - but my skin condition was flaring up. My family doctor sent in a rush referral. It was a 4 month wait (I was expecting 8-10 months like years prior). Dr. Andersen had 1 student with her during my appointment. While she is not full of 'sunshine', she listened to my concerns, examined my skin and we discussed alternative treatments besides methotrexate. I did not feel rushed. My questions were answered and I was put into a new treatment plan. I am now in the office 3x a week. Her front staff are incredible. Friendly, warm and welcoming. I had a follow-up scheduled for 6 months later, but needed to see Dr. Andersen sooner. I was able to get in to see her and of that week. The follow up was quick - but all questions were answered, the prescription was explained to me and I was on my way! Dr. Andersen is a brilliant doctor. However, if you are looking for a sympathic doctor to listen to all your 'woes' and give you a hug - she probably won't be the doctor for you. I appreciate the quick in and out!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

With a wait time of six months, enduring extreme eczema to my face, I was hopeful for some insight and help with my skin issue. Dr Anderson made it clear that my visit was a waste of her time. In the less than 10 minute visit, it was also clear that what I had to say had no merit. She spent most of the visit teaching her two medical students in the room. When she wasn't speaking with them, she was typing at her computer. When I asked her if it would be worth investigating the possible cause of my eczema, she replied "Of course not, there are too many things that could affect it. You need to get more sleep, not be stressed, eat low glycemic food and take this prescription." I left perplexed and quite irritated. I decided to fill the prescription anyhow seeing as I had waited 6 months for a fruitless appointment. The prescription was expensive; $100 for a small tube of cream, and it didn't work. My naturopath solved the problem by helping me identify food allergies.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

The few times I have seen Dr. Anderson, she has been great. I find her personable as well as professional

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017