Ratings for Dr. Carmel Anderson

The few times I have seen Dr. Anderson, she has been great. I find her personable as well as professional

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I could not have wanted any better help Ian Cotton Creston BC

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr.Anderson is a good listener, explains things thoroughly and is extremely knowledgeable. I feel very confident in her care.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

With a wait time of seven months, one can at least hope for a sympathetic ear and some knowledge shed on the very reason why the patient is seeking help. Dr Anderson made it clear that my visit was clearly a waste of her time. She was coldly polite, typing the whole time and putting words in my mouth, instead of allowing me to explain my skin condition. When I would ask a question, she would simply reply, "That would take hours to explain." Or my favorite answer when I asked her the main differences between eczema and psoriasis : "That is like explaining the difference between an apple and steak." Well, thank you for your time, I could have researched things more adequately on the world wide web. It's sad that specialist these days have less and less knowledge, yet we wait for months to (hopefully) have more answers. The cherry on the top of my visit was when Dr. Anderson explained that I should have asked my family doctor to biopsy my skin instead of sitting on a wait list for so long. Well, that would have been nice to know, if someone would have been kind enough to tell me.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

This doctor is unprepared, aggressive, mocking, unprofessional, lacking the ability to research patients symptoms, and if this is all the Okanagan has for a skin specialist then there is a dire need for the board of physicians to intervene. I feel sorry for the staff as they clearly model after her. I'll take my legit medical needs to someone that takes concerns seriously. Do not let a doctor bully you it's not normal or Ok.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

This doctor has very poor bedside manner. She is dismissive and does not listen to concerns. She was quick to prescribe a very potent drug without listening to the patients full symptom concerns. When questioned about the drug she was instantly defensive. I found her to be extremely unprofessional. I would not recommend her to anyone. She may have a degree but she does not know how to treat patients like people.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Staff was friendly but a bit robotic. A long wait to get an Appt but didn't wait more than a few minutes in the office. It is apparent that Dr. Anderson knows what she is doing but it is not difficult to show compassion and treat patience like people. Icy personality. I understand she has a lot of patients but taking an extra minute would go a long way. Rush job. I'll be looking for another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

9 month wait list. No reminder call day before. I missed my appointment by less than 30 mins and was reassigned to another 9 months of waiting.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Anderson was so helpful. My daughter (2 years old) had developed an odd discoloured area of skin on her chest which made me quite concerned. Our appointment was a couple months out and by the time we got there it had disappeared. I called the office to ask if we should cancel and I was told to come in so it could be assessed. Dr. Anderson was so kind and patient. Even though the discolouration was gone, she took to time to look it the site very carefully and made my daughter and I feel so comfortable. I apologized for wasting her time, but she looked at me, smiled and said "If coming and seeing me has made you, as a mom, feel at ease about your daughter that is what matters". She was the best!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

best dermatologist ever! she was so kind and helpful

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017