Ratings for Dr. Carmel Anderson

This doctor has very poor bedside manner. She is dismissive and does not listen to concerns. She was quick to prescribe a very potent drug without listening to the patients full symptom concerns. When questioned about the drug she was instantly defensive. I found her to be extremely unprofessional. I would not recommend her to anyone. She may have a degree but she does not know how to treat patients like people.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Staff was friendly but a bit robotic. A long wait to get an Appt but didn't wait more than a few minutes in the office. It is apparent that Dr. Anderson knows what she is doing but it is not difficult to show compassion and treat patience like people. Icy personality. I understand she has a lot of patients but taking an extra minute would go a long way. Rush job. I'll be looking for another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

9 month wait list. No reminder call day before. I missed my appointment by less than 30 mins and was reassigned to another 9 months of waiting.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Anderson was so helpful. My daughter (2 years old) had developed an odd discoloured area of skin on her chest which made me quite concerned. Our appointment was a couple months out and by the time we got there it had disappeared. I called the office to ask if we should cancel and I was told to come in so it could be assessed. Dr. Anderson was so kind and patient. Even though the discolouration was gone, she took to time to look it the site very carefully and made my daughter and I feel so comfortable. I apologized for wasting her time, but she looked at me, smiled and said "If coming and seeing me has made you, as a mom, feel at ease about your daughter that is what matters". She was the best!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

best dermatologist ever! she was so kind and helpful

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I can't say enough good about Dr. Carmel Anderson, she is amazing!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Feel much better coming out, than going in. She is the best.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

I agree with all the negative remarks posted on her site. She is rude, never makes eye contact and all questions are answered with one word. Types on computer and then admits not all info of last visit is not on it. I feel she is very unknowable and if a prescription doesn't cure the problem she doesn't know what else she can do. Maybe it's all in the patients head go home and deal with it even though the rash is visible to her eyes. Eights months and still no diagnosis. Looking for a new dermatologist. Family doctor knows more than her and yet our medical system is paying big bucks to a person who has the name specialist on her door.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

As a retired former health care professional, I note a quite disappointing experience. Staff refused to adjust apt time given other medical issues, a long commute and almost one year wait for the referral . Apt was abbreviated, a few minutes maximum. Two other female medical students present got more attention than my skin issues. Exam was a curtly obtained history, and a fleeting few looks with a magnifying glass. Advice provided was marginal, and did not reflect consideration of co existing diagnoses.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Fist visit was excellent. All questions and concern were answered very professional and efficient. All in all a very pleasant visit. I look forward to see the doctor again, when necessary. Dr. Anderson has a lot of knowledge and takes her time to talk to you.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017