Ratings for Dr. Carmel Anderson

I've been seeing Dr. Anderson regularly for a number of years. She is knowledgeable, efficient, and has always communicated in a friendly and caring manner. Being the only dermatologist covering a very large area, it is understandable why wait times for appointments may be long. I highly recommend Dr. Anderson and have the utmost regard for her expertise.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Dr Anderson runs an efficient practice and it appears there is insufficient patient time but all concerns and procedures were addressed.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Office called me months ago to book my annual check for skin cancer. I called he office to confirm appointment time and they claimed I never had an appointment and that I now have to go back through the referral system and wait up to another whole year to get my appointment. Front end staff very rude and unprofessional. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr. Anderson's treatment plan has been life changing for me. Her staff are compassionate, prompt and very friendly. I am beyond grateful to Dr. Anderson and her staff for giving me a better quality of life

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Reviews from the site and an appointment from 2006 had me outsource a dermatologist from Penticton years ago. After his retirement, with no other choice besides going to Vancouver I made another appointment with Dr. Anderson. I was dreading the appointment - but my skin condition was flaring up. My family doctor sent in a rush referral. It was a 4 month wait (I was expecting 8-10 months like years prior). Dr. Andersen had 1 student with her during my appointment. While she is not full of 'sunshine', she listened to my concerns, examined my skin and we discussed alternative treatments besides methotrexate. I did not feel rushed. My questions were answered and I was put into a new treatment plan. I am now in the office 3x a week. Her front staff are incredible. Friendly, warm and welcoming. I had a follow-up scheduled for 6 months later, but needed to see Dr. Andersen sooner. I was able to get in to see her and of that week. The follow up was quick - but all questions were answered, the prescription was explained to me and I was on my way! Dr. Andersen is a brilliant doctor. However, if you are looking for a sympathic doctor to listen to all your 'woes' and give you a hug - she probably won't be the doctor for you. I appreciate the quick in and out!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

With a wait time of six months, enduring extreme eczema to my face, I was hopeful for some insight and help with my skin issue. Dr Anderson made it clear that my visit was a waste of her time. In the less than 10 minute visit, it was also clear that what I had to say had no merit. She spent most of the visit teaching her two medical students in the room. When she wasn't speaking with them, she was typing at her computer. When I asked her if it would be worth investigating the possible cause of my eczema, she replied "Of course not, there are too many things that could affect it. You need to get more sleep, not be stressed, eat low glycemic food and take this prescription." I left perplexed and quite irritated. I decided to fill the prescription anyhow seeing as I had waited 6 months for a fruitless appointment. The prescription was expensive; $100 for a small tube of cream, and it didn't work. My naturopath solved the problem by helping me identify food allergies.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

The few times I have seen Dr. Anderson, she has been great. I find her personable as well as professional

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I could not have wanted any better help Ian Cotton Creston BC

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr.Anderson is a good listener, explains things thoroughly and is extremely knowledgeable. I feel very confident in her care.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

With a wait time of seven months, one can at least hope for a sympathetic ear and some knowledge shed on the very reason why the patient is seeking help. Dr Anderson made it clear that my visit was clearly a waste of her time. She was coldly polite, typing the whole time and putting words in my mouth, instead of allowing me to explain my skin condition. When I would ask a question, she would simply reply, "That would take hours to explain." Or my favorite answer when I asked her the main differences between eczema and psoriasis : "That is like explaining the difference between an apple and steak." Well, thank you for your time, I could have researched things more adequately on the world wide web. It's sad that specialist these days have less and less knowledge, yet we wait for months to (hopefully) have more answers. The cherry on the top of my visit was when Dr. Anderson explained that I should have asked my family doctor to biopsy my skin instead of sitting on a wait list for so long. Well, that would have been nice to know, if someone would have been kind enough to tell me.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017