Ratings for Dr. Brigitte Newman

ONE simple diagnosis that could have saved my son 9 months of pain and saved our family months of sleepless nights. Dr. Newman was my son’s first pediatrician. I brought my son to her for all his well visits and at each one I expressed to her some of my concerns, which were: arching of the back during eating, not being able to lay supine, and needing to nurse upright (never lying down in bed). As he began to eat solids, he exhibited the same signs. He would be eating, then in the middle of the meal, he’d arch his back, cry and let out gas. After detailing all of the above to Dr. Newman she insisted that he was just an “excitable baby,” and a bit “hyper.” I finally took my son to a new pediatrician who recommended a specialist who diagnosed him with acid reflux. He is now on Zantac and sleeps and eats beautifully. ONE simple diagnosis that she missed.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

Dr. Brigitte Newman's Credentials

• Univ De Reims, Uer De Med, Reims, France (Grad. 1973)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal