Ratings for Dr. Donald Leishman

I have been a patient of Dr. Leishman's since birth. He is an amazing family doctor. He always shows care for your general well being which can't be said of some other local doctors. He won't hesitate to order tests to rule out serious concerns and he's been wonderful with my two little ones. Even though both are usually shy around strangers they allow him to do medical checkups and give him tons of smiles too (which he gladly returns). He's also taken on my husband. Dr. Leishman is an excellent family doctor and I dread when the day comes that he retires and I need to find a new GP for me and my family.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Leishman is an awesome doctor. I feel that he actually cares about my health and wellbeing. Really great at explaining what a diagnosis means, in words you will understand. He is always willing to address all of my concerns in a visit, even though I only booked a short appointment. I feel very lucky to have him as my family physician!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

We've seen Dr. L a number of time now, and each time he hasn't been approachable and is always rushing the appointment.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

Excellent Doctor. As others have commented, I too feel as I am well remembered - just as if we had met yesterday. Very thorough. I am very thankful to have him as a doctor. In response to another poster -sometimes the easiest diagnosis is correct. For example, I had chronic nose plugging. I asked what could be done, and Dr. L told me to quit smoking - that's it. I went around him and got sprays and all that stuff - nothing worked until I quit smoking. Now everything is fine - and Dr. L was thrilled when I told him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I think this Dr. very negative and bias. He obviously thinks your history will never change. Condemns your past and hold you accountable for it. I believe he thinks he's above all. He will say you are unfit for employment but does not get back to patient to say why.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Very judgemental. If you forget to mention something on a questionaire, forget it - you are done for as he will classify you as a liar. There is no follow up with referals. Blames patient for his offices lack of follow ups.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

Great doctor. Seems intuitive about problems; is always ready to go the extra mile to discover and diagnose. Treats the person, the whole person, not just the problem. Great guy

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

I had surgery(very minor) and needed a doc to do a head to toe assessment prior to. I had o appointment with Dr Leishmen and he is part time and booked solid. He works at the walk in so I was going to just wait there until the on call could see me. When Dr Leishmen heard one of his patients was waiting for this he took time out of his lunch break to see me. Thanks a lot, it meant a lot to me! And also thank you for diagnosing this rare condition in the first oplace and treating it promptly and effectively!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009

A great Family doctor to the family..very caring and knowledgable..dont know what would do without him!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

How lucky am I to have Dr. L. as a family practioner? Now words to describe it. He too has been the pratitioner my parents, brother and I have turned to since he and his wife first moved here. Talk about being on time my bottom does not even have a chance to hit the chair before I'm being called in. Unfortunately I am a smoker but he is so nonjudgemental that I don't even have a fear of hiding about it...we are able to talk about it openly. I have a quit date in September. I'm quitting for myself first, family second and then for Dr. L for reasons that all of you writing on this page know. His patients want to make him proud because he demonstrates so much pride in us! Please note that he is amazing but the very busy clinic he operates out of could use some Customer Service inservices.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008