Ratings for Dr. Peter P. Stamas

Though he can appear abrupt, he is extremely caring. His knowledge is unmatched in his field. Not only is he extremely thorough, he clearly partners with Specialist with patient care. Medicine sure isnt what it use to be. He practices great preventative care boffo e location is very easy. Again, is brutally honest, but am very thankful for his care.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

My husband and I had to cancel our initial appointment - a month in advance. When I tried to reschedule I was told that we could not make both of our appointments on the same day because of the cancellation. I explained that I had cancelled a month in advance and that my husband and I need to go in at the same time since he is deaf and needs me there to interpret for him. She told me I needed to take off work two different days for me to go to my appointment and then to accompany him. I grew very frustrated and would not recommend the office staff as accommodating or helpful.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

This doctor is condescending and very rude ! Responds to simple requests for information by yelling " why are you attacking me ! " and then hanging up the phone. I find him frighteningly unprofessional and will be obtaining a new physician today !

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

The doctor is brilliant, but can be a bit arrogant. He knows what he is talking about and us extremely thorough. Though he can be perceived as difficult at times, I am thankful that he is caring for me.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Stamas is arrogant and condescending talking to him about my health problems were apparently a hassle to him as he brushed me off quickly. After my yearly routing physical which my insurance covered I received a huge bill and was told this was because I had received a comprehensive physical which apparently took more time even though my problems seemed to be nothing less than a hassle to him! I give his staff 10 stars for putting up with him!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I have the utmost confidence with the professional care I have received from Dr. Stamas. He even gave me his home phone number for me to contact him after office hours when I was having issues with my blood pressure and other heart related symptoms. He will refer you to other specialists to determine the best recourse for a medical concern. My interactions with his staff has also been both professional and very friendly. They have been very accommodating with scheduling appointments. Dr. Stamas has the policy that from 12:00-1:00 you can call to discuss any concerns or issues you may have with respect to symtoms related to your health. I would highly recommend his services to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr Stamas and staff are friendly and helpful. I never have trouble getting in touch with the doctor. I like the non medical center office atmosphere and convenient location. Appointments are easy to schedule and don't have to be made months in advance (unlike my son's Pediatrician).

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

I will be finding a new doctor after my appointment with Dr. Stamas today. (I have been a patient of his for a few years.) He made me feel as though my symptoms were trivial, and tried to blow them off completely. He took an "I'm the doctor, I know everything" approach that made me feel quite belittled. He was also unprofessional, and was speaking poorly of another professional in the field. (As a side note, the other staff that work in the office are quite lovely, always friendly, and helpful.)

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

The pros: his office is EXTREMELY clean and in a good location. His staff is awesome. I wish his nurse assistant, named Joy, would be a doctor at this office instead. Dr Stamas... Well, not much help from him there. Never on time, makes you wait close to forever and when you finally see him, he spends five minutes tops with you and out of the office. "Peace", it is what he says rushing out. I had migraines and he just kept prescribing me meds I did not need that would not help.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Made to feel that any medical problem I'm experiencing is "silly" and that I am wasting his time. Have never felt so uncomfortable with any doctor. I was sick for 5 weeks and saw him twice -he told me I had a virus! I ended up in e.r. with advanced case of pneumonia.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Peter P. Stamas's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal