Ratings for Dr. John Chan

Great doctor! Provided accurate diagnostic on issues

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Chan is a very experienced and knowledgeable doctor. He is excellent in explaining to me the details about my disease. He always wears a smile on his face. He is caring and helpful. If the case warrants immediate medical attention, he will call you to let me know the next steps. He is accurate in making diagnosis. I am fortunate to have him as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Excellent Doctor, knowledgeable with good manner. I like him to be my family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr. Chan is a very poor dentist. He cuts corners, uses low quality generic dental supplies and is constantly asking to do "cash deals". I would not recommend this dentist to anyone. His receptionist is very helpful though. I have switched to the dentist across the street and they are much better and much cleaner environment.

Submitted November 8, 2013

My husband had been seeing John Chan for many years. Few years back he was not feeling right with symptoms of weight loss, skin pigment turning dark and low energy. For at least three years, John Chan did a few tests for him with no alarming result and kept telling him everything was fine, just a bit dark, just a few pounds lost. We suggested him to refer my husband to an internist but he refused to for reasons that specilaists would have done the same thing as he did. We finally decided to ask for second opinion and he was diagnosed within two months of "Addison's Disease" by an Endocrinologist referred by a family doctor. However, my husband was already in adrenal defficiency crisises twice and was admitted to emergency both in China and Toronto before the tests results received from the specialist, and he almost die. Although he is totally recovered but the few years of suffering from different diseases related to the Addison's disease had taken its toll on his body.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

My mom went to him 6 months ago complaining about lymph nodes in her neck. He sent her away; telling her to come back in a 2 weeks if it continued to be a problem. She's now likely terminally ill.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Just wanted to add on to a comment below of how Dr. Chan was much more helpful in the past and has seem to lose a passion for helping others. I am confident Dr. Chan is a knowledgeable person but just does not seem to put the time into letting his patients know more about their sickness. In terms of helpfulness, to be blunt, he is useless. I've had an injury for over 6 years and I remember the first couple of times I visited him, he would try talking me out of getting an x-ray or further testing. Even as of today, I can walk into his office and all he would say is let it rest for two weeks or some kind of generic answer that anyone could have told you. Staff, there is this one lady that has been with him for a while now, probably dating back to his old clinic, she is good. It is the other lady I have a problem with. She is younger, maybe middle aged but she has this attitude which I find incredibly rude for someone who is suppose to be dealing with clients.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

i've been going to dr. chan for over 10 years now, he used to be helpful but these days i find he doesn't show much patience for his patients and isn't very good at helping me understand my sickness/symptoms.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

He's really good when it comes to making an appointment. Always had same day appointments....call at 10:00am, and get into the office by 12:00pm.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

He is very uncaring and doesn't have good knowledge about specialists. He likes to ignore your sickness and pretends it doesn't need to deal with. If you have serious illness, don't go to him, basic cold or flu is ok with him.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009