Ratings for Dr. Mitchell Zelman

As a parent, I felt really uncomfortable when Dr. Zelman performed too long physical exam on my child, which seemed unnecessary & unreasonable. The exam was done in an unrelated body area which was not a subject of concern.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Amazing doctor he will be truly missed on PE we've been taking our son to him for the past 3 years

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I have been dealing with Zelman for a number of years for my son, who has some slight psychological issues he's dealing with. I had him assessed at the Richmond center for over 8 months and got a diagnosis from a psychiatrist. My son's mother(we are not together) didn't like the diagnosis for him so she decided(unbeknownst to me) to take him to Zelman. ADHD... It only took Zelman 15 minutes to come up with this "diagnosis". Hearing about this after the fact, I scheduled a one on one appointment with him to discuss the previous diagnosis from the Richmond center. Zalman immediately went on the defensive and since that meeting, he doesn't ever listen to what I have to say and only goes on what my son's mother tells him. I say no to increases in medication and he goes right ahead and increases it anyways because my son's mother says that's what she wants. Arrogant and not at all helpful. I can't speak to his knowledge but I do know that if he is knowledgeable, his arrogance defiantly gets in the way. I do NOT recommend Dr. Zelman to anyone who wants the best for their child.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

My daughter has seen Dr Zelman a few times she has celiac disease and other health issues that she's struggled with. Dr Zelman has been very helpful and I have been impressed with his knowledge and ability to take a good history and make suggestions and diagnosis. I think his experience is a great asset and I respect his opinion.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I had dr zellman once when my original Doctor dr noonan wasn't at the clinic he wasn't very personable about my situation because he took me to the surigcal place for kids who were recovering from surgery to see if here was a nurses there to see if he could leave me with one of them there wasn't so he made me sit outside his office while he talked to mom which made me very upset

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

We were referred to Dr. Zelman by our daughters physician when she was having issues with her bowels. We were hopeful that he would be able to get to the bottom of what was causing her issues and help us come up with a comprehensive action plan to keep her on the right track with a diet, etc. Once there, our hope was quickly squashed. first of all, he was 20 minutes late coming in, which was fine I understand that things come up but it's hard to keep an active 2 year old occupied for 5 minutes let alone 20+ minutes. Our daughter did not take to him at all, wanted nothing to do with him ( she loves her male family doctor and does not normally shy away from anyone) she did get upset with him when he tried to go near her & he said that she was acting out because she doesn't sleep enough. He may have spent 5-7 min. on the issue we went in for & spent the rest of the appointment bashing us for not having a consistent early bed time for our daughter and made us feel like terrible parents.

Submitted April 22, 2014

My son has been seeing Dr Zelman for over 11 years now for Diabetes (3-4 times a year). He has also had an another very uncommon syndrome (hospital for 3 months),and a few other unlucky things. All I can say is he's is my son's hero and life saver, and my son is not looking forward to the day he turns 18, and has to change doctor's.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Im sure Dr.Zelman is a great Doctor, but for some reason I felt like he just didn't like me. He was pushy and wouldn't listen, he assumed a lot and made me feel like a bad mom..unfortunately Im a quiet person, so I believe we were not a good match. He was my Daughters doctor, I was able to switch though, thank goodness because that is when I discovered that he forgot to put in the referral into the occupational therapist like the iwk suggested...so 5 months waiting I only discover this after I switch doctors, get a phone call that week telling me about the wait :(...if he would of put it in on time especially since mentioned it right at the appointment after our trip to the iwk..we would of already been working with one.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

my son has been with dr zelman for almost 11 years,i find him to be an excellent and caring doctor and knows exactly what hes talking about, dont know what i would do without him.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

All I can say about Dr.Zelman is he is amazing doctor and I don't know what I would of done without him over the years. Now if I had to rate his nurse that would be a different story lol.. But I would put up with a bad nurse just to see him.. love this Doctor...

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011