Ratings for Dr. Jon K. Nisbet

operated on wrong leg after being told by staff he was wrong. Argued in OR and still operated on wrong leg.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Nisbet successfully performed arthroscopic surgery on my hip a few months ago. From the start, Dr. Nisbet has thoroughly answered all my questions, provided appropriate follow up, and I have complete confidence that if I needed to contact him for any issue regarding my hip, I would receive a prompt reply. He is also straightforward and honest about the entire healing process and made sure I understood how important my role was in healing. I would strongly recommend Dr. Nisbet!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I was given the run around. He wanted to send me out to all these other specialists when it was clear he didn't want to work with me or my insurance which I believe was about being adequately compensated. Although he at first suggested surgery for a very serious hip problem from a motor vehicle accident he back pedaled and then balked at the very mention of it and said he had never suggested such a thing. Although he is a smart man, he was condescending at times, didn't explain my problems thoroughly and offered no relief, no help at his actual office. He was content to send me away in pain with no direction or guidance even for any exercises or pain relief at home. His staff was uptight and unfriendly except for maybe one person. He was not relational as a human being, didn't seem respectful of me as young female and patient. My observations, questions and needs were not addressed- if they were it was in a cold and detached manner not establishing trusting relationship with a patient.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

He made a serious mis-diagnosis of a knee injury several years ago that cost me a joint replacement at a very young age. I wouldn't see him if my life depended on it. I don't know if this is still the case, but he usually let residents operate even though he specifically said he would be performing the surgery himself.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2007

Dr. Jon K. Nisbet's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med