Ratings for Dr. Douglas R. Krohn,

It's sad when you know more about how the human body works than your doctor does. Dr. Krohn's ONLY solution for depression is pharmaceuticals. After taking what he prescribed, I met with a therapist to deal with the emotional aspects. She suggested I have my liver checked out, since a poorly functioning liver can easily cause symptoms of depression. I saw another doctor (Howard Weiss in Morristown); sure enough, my liver was enlarged due to gallstones. After stopping the medication, adjusting my diet and doing a thourough gall bladder and liver cleanse, my depression symptoms disappeared. On top of that, I found out that the medication Dr. Krohn prescribed is broken down in the liver, which, over time, will weaken the organ! Talk about your viscous cycles! I had a follow-up visit scheduled with Dr. Krohn in order to obtain a new prescription. I had no intention of taking it again, but I did want to discuss what ensued after my last visit. When I explained how Dr. Weiss's plan removed all of my depression symptoms, Dr. Krohn did the worst: he bad-mouthed another doctor. He claimed Dr. Weiss must be one of those 'new-age nuts' and to fully expect my symptoms to return. They have not and I'm certain will not. I would never recommend such a closed-minded, pill-pushing doctor to anyone. As far as his staff is concerned, well, they're not all bad. Two are usually fairly personable, while at least one is quite rude and unfriendly. The wait time is unreasonable and the waiting area is uncomfortable and without decent reading material, unless you're into nothing but pharma-sponsored propaganda pamphlets. The bottom line: After six years as Dr. Krohn's patient, I am happy to say that I no longer have to rely on him for medical expertiese; he has none.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Krohn is a wonderful doctor with a great bed side manner. He always takes the time to explain things to me and tries as hard as he can to find the right answer to an ailment and will recommend the best specialists he knows. His staff are always kind and have never given me a problem and getting same day appointments is easy when you need it. I cannot recommend Dr Krohn enough.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

The staff is, for the most part, rude and unfriendly, completely ambivalent about patients. Dr. Krohn has proved himself to be just another glorified pharma rep. He doesn't care to diagnose, only treat symptoms. After 3 appointments for the same ailment, I tried to push for diagnostic tests and was treated like a petualnt child asking for ice cream. Dr. Krohn would only try new prescriptions for my pain, instead of finding the cause. I finally went to another doctor, who immediately set up bloodwork and an ultrasound. I will never go back to Dr. Krohn.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Great doctor! I have been going to him for many years and have found him to be friendly as well as thorough. If he doesn't have the answers he makes sure he sends you to the best to get the answers!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2012

Two members of the staff were insensitive to my health concerns when I asked questions. They were very rude which upset me as I was in pain! Unbelievable!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Excellent doctor, i am have been visiting him since last 2 years , I would recomend this doctor

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I found this doctor and his staff helpful friendly and knowledgable. He runs late because he talks too much.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2008

Same day appointments are easy to get. The office staff is good, but could use some work. The nurse practicioner is great. Dr. Krohn tries hard to explain things and usually runs late doing so. Very thorough exam and work up. They make sure that you do the right tests first, and see the right doctors when it is the right time. I would recommend the office to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2007

Dr. Douglas R. Krohn,'s Credentials

• Univ De Monterrey, Fac De Med, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Piscataway, NJ