Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Safian

Had Dr. Safian remove two wisdom teeth 4 days ago, he was prompt, friendly, and got those teeth out quickly. 4 Days later, and I have hardly had any pain, and the instructions they gave me have been excellent. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

After days and nights of excruciating pain, my primary dentist diagnosed an abscessed tooth. He sent me to an endodontist, which was really awful. She refused to give me a prescription for painkillers. So did my primary dentist. Apparently they are more afraid of the DEA than they are of being removed from their professional relationship....I was crying like a baby, sobbing, with tears running down my face. ;I had not slept in days, and the intense pain was horrifying. She acted like I was some kind of junkie. Really? The original dentist (before the sadistic Dr) provided me with exactly four percocets. That got me through the night. The endodontist referred me to Dr. Safian. He got me. He was wonderful, focused, He and his fabulous tech, January, were great, caring, and practical. I have a script from doctor Safian giving me 12 percocets. I have only needed one. I heal up well. I might be able to turn in the rest.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I recently had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and couldn't have been happier with Dr. Safian and his staff. I am always nervous about doctors and heavily rely on reviews and don't think these do him justice! I only needed 1 out but chose to have 4 on my own doing, he never tried to push it but would do whatever I wanted. I stayed awake for the surgery (yes, I'm crazy) and he was gentile throughout the whole process, talking me through when a tooth was out and if he ran into any issues. My only complaint is they don't give you laughing gas unless you request it, so ask if you want it! After surgery I got a small infection and his nurse talked to me on the phone, was extremely helpful in talking through my symptoms and getting medication sent over to the pharmacy so I didn't have to miss work to come in. The front office also sent my claim in for preapproval so the whole payment process went super smoothly.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Top Notch Oral Surgeon. Highly skilled, & caring.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I'm not sure I understand the negative reviews on Dr. Safian. I was dealing with extreme tooth pain for months and finally my regular dentist recommended me to a specialist. The specialist said that the root canal hadn't worked and the tooth needed to be extracted. He sent me to Dr. Safian. After numbing the area he poked around and told me he didn't want to pull the tooth just yet. He found two areas of exposed jawbone which along with the infection was causing me immense pain. He prescribed me antibiotics and pain meds and told me that it would take a few weeks for the bone to work itself out. I was surprised because I thought oral surgeons were always pull first and ask questions later. However, his number one priority was saving the tooth. This is a painful process but Dr. Safian was more then cordial every time I called with a question or needed more pain meds. His goal was to keep me comfortable through the whole process and he succeeded. Unfortunately after the bone worked itself out the infection returned a few days later but that was no reflection on Dr. Safian. Ultimately, the tooth needed to be pulled and after 3 months of awful pain I was ready. He numbed my mouth like it had never been numbed before. I did not feel a thing and the tooth was out in 30 seconds and the procedure lasted 2 minutes at the most. The suspense of waiting for the tooth to dislodge while he was twisting it back and forth was funny to me and when it finally popped I giggled. I know, I'm weird but dental work does not intimidate me in the slightest and this shows that there was NO pain during the procedure. I'm still healing but it is great to not feel the pain I felt before. If I ever need anything I will always go back to Dr. Safian and will recommend him to everyone. It was just such an enjoyable experience. All of his staff was on par also especially the front desk where I was always greeted by name and with a great smile. Please consider Dr. Safian for any of your dental surgery needs.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Couldn't be happier! Dr. Safian knew exactly what was wrong and expertly restored my tooth!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I realize some people are annoyed with Dr.Safians bluntness but I happened to appreciate that about him. I am 20 years old and never do reviews but I am quite a fearful person and quite honestlt a bit of a hypochondriac. Dr.Safian and his staff have performed 2 free consults and 2 sedated extraction and implant surgeries for me. Not only is their office always clean and friendly, but I have a lot of trust in them with my surgeries as well. From my most recent surgery a few days ago, I couldnt seem to get my bleeding to clot and I called and was able to speak to one of his staff immediately. She told me exactly what to do and said to call back if issue persists and she will have me come right back in. During my first implant i experienced continuous numbness in part od my lip and Dr.Safian addressed and corrected this problem promptly as well. Yes he may be a little straightforward but i prefer that over a quack of a doctor who performs mediocre work. He is great at what he does and my health is the most important to me!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I have a bad experience. The front desk rude. I know about dental claims. They didn't want to summited to my medical. They didn't explain correct how the claims was summited. They didn't lisent about me concern about how they will going to bill the claim. Went you have impact complete bony you can summited to medical. I told them but they only were concern about my co-pay and they didn't hear or look at my medical card. Before you do business with then call you medical insurance and ask question.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Rude, absolutely no bedside manner, could care less about you the patient, just this is what needs to be done and deal with it. Just like another reviewer on this site, I went to him with a swollen face, in extreme pain. As it turns out I have a cyst under my bridge. The bridge needs to come off, the tooth extracted and the cyst cleaned out. Oh, and obviously I will be missing teeth when the bridge comes off. I panicked and he told me "you have to deal with this, don't be vain". Silly me, worrying about having three teeth missing from my mouth. I talked to him about being put under for the operation. He said, yes, you could, but then I would have to wait about 3 weeks for an opening. I spoke to my dentist and she said to ask him about nitris (sp) (the gas). I called and yes they have it but won't use it on me because they are short staffed and the 5 minutes it takes to set that up and watch me, they just don't have the time. I am a nervous wreck about getting this done, in tears about it and he could care less. I have never met such an unprofessional jerk in my life. The other reviewer recommended Dr. Todd Bloom in Fairfield, I called them and they were able to get me in and will take care of me the same day. The woman on the phone (Cindy) couldn't have been sweeter and more empathetic. And she never asked me for Safian's name. That in and of itself speaks volumes about the professionalism of this staff. I have never done a review on anyone, but Safian is horrible, I don't care how good the guy may be, bed side manner is very important (and seems to be a dying art) when the patient is terrified. He did nothing to quell my fears. Even when he walked in, I'm a new patient with my husband sitting there. He couldn't even be bothered to shake our hands and introduce himself. If you are looking for a cold hearted jerk who just wants to get down to business and could care less about you, then this is you guy!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I went to have a tooth extracted and made the appointment to be sedated, when I arrived at.The office I met Dr Safian and his bed side manner had a lot to be desired, I was nervous and he could care less he said that my appointment was not made for sedation and if I needed that it had to be rescheduled ,not once did he even look in my mouth, my tooth was broken and was in pain and there next appt. was 3 weeks away so I knew I needed to go else where. I was in Dr. Safians chair maybe 2 min and was billed $208.00, when I called about it I was told I had a consultation . Never did I . I have disputed the bill and was told that I pay the money. This dentist has ruined a practice that was once excellent with the previous Dr. I will never recommend any for the Dr.

Submitted May 13, 2014