Ratings for Dr. Stanley E. McLain

Every time I wanted to schedule an appointment with Dr McLain, I would have to wait 3 weeks -1.5 months before seeing him, regardless of my level of urgency. If I didn't want to wait that long, I was recommended to go to Urgent Care (which I found myself at quite often). If I did wait the 1 month before seeing my primary doctor (Dr McLain), I would explain my symptoms and my analysis of my medical state and why I'm in pain, and he would often times proscribe over the counter medicine such as ibuprofen or Advil for any and all of my conditions. I don't understand why I have to wait a month and a half to explain a medical condition only to receive an elementary diagnosis. After years of this, I finally decided to switch to another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

My experience was very good with Dr. McLain. I found him to be thorough ang genuinely caring and calm. Every aspect of my examination was explained and I felt very comfortable with it. He took the time to explain what I didn't understand and conveyed the information in a way that not patronizing. I highly recommend his as a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

I found Dr. McLain to be very thorough and professional. Not a lot of off topic chit-chat (which I prefer) and the first Dr. that I've met that is familiar with med-related resources on the Web. Actually took time outside the appointment (caught him in the hall) to fill out a referral that I had forgotten to mention during my exam.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

This fine MD practices the art of medicine. He is conscientious, thorough, and caring. He gives the patient whatever time is necessary and if he suspects anything, he follows up. He is professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate...my idea of a good physician.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2006

He is not a great doctor but he is cute. I found his manner to be very patronizing. I only saw him twice.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2006

Extremely helpful and patient. Nice office staff and nurse.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2005