Ratings for Dr. Patrick W. Hitchon

Dr. Hitchon preformed back surgery on me in March of 2014 for a bulging disk. From the age of 15 I had been in back pain and tried many different nonsurgical treatments before 2014. At the age of 74, I could no longer cope with the pain and after being informed of the possible outcomes there could be, I opted for surgery. Dr. Hitchon was very caring and willing to answer any of my questions. If I ever needed surgery again I definitely would ask for Dr. Hitchon. I have been pain free and able to perform many activities that I could not in previous years. Thank you Dr. Hitchon for helping me have a better life. My only regret is that I did not have the surgery sooner!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Arrogant, evil, wicked, careless, compassionless and the list goes on. He INENTIONALLY destroyed my life and showed zero remorse.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Hitchon did my C1-C2 fusion 13 years ago. I did find him to pretty much lack bedside manner and isn't the hold your hand kind of Doctor some people like. I have had almost no issues and any issues I have had pale in comparison to paralysis. Thank You Dr. Hitchon!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr Hitchon is a disgrace to the medical community and to Iowa City Hospitals! He was the rudest, most unprofessional doctor I've ever encountered and I find it pathetic that IC leaves his mess for the other doctors to clean up instead of firing his a$$ I've worked in the medical profession for 20 years until I broke my back and was forced to quit. Not only did Hitchon tell me wouldn't order an MRI because "He wasn't going to pay for a 4,000 dollar test, and obviously since I'm on Medicaid I wouldn't either" but he also told me there was nothing wrong with me, epidurals don't hurt you, only falling off a building or a car accident can hurt you, I would never find a doctor in the state of Iowa to diagnose me, and I was just looking for an excuse. After he received the results from my X-ray he then told me I did need surgery but he wouldn't touch me! He walked out and slammed the door as I was in the middle of asking him what I needed surgery on. I would rather have my dog perform spine surgery than let that poor excuse of a Doctor ever touch me!

Submitted May 8, 2015

Compassionate and caring to my daughter and our family. When she passed she sent a note to us.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Omg! Where does one start... RUN. Run fast. This man is horrible rude and out of his mind.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Patrick William Hitchon is an arrogant, selfish, rude, disrespectful, passionless disgrace to all doctors. He destroyed my life with his SEVERE SURGICAL ERRORS and non-stop lies that followed. The University of Iowa Hospital stands behind this disgrace to the human race. This is INSANITY!

Submitted February 12, 2015

Most arrogant doctor ever met paralyzed me with his surgical errors and LIED about it.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I had huge ruptured discs at L4 and L5 and was in terrible pain. Met with Hitchon and he told be to be reasonable with my expectations as I could still have pain after the surgery. Nothing is ever 100% guaranteed. My surgery lasted 5 hours and was a complete success. If ever I needed surgery again I would travel back to the states, as I live in Canada, and have him operate again. Total trust in his abilities.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

I was trust and believe doctor as the hand of god to touch and heal pain from people... but not until I see Dr. Hitchon W. Patrick he was rude and unprofessional, he was more care about the cost for insurance than the patient in bad pain, he described my pain as the light switch, 2 times unsuccessful surgeries in his department of Neurological 3rd times would make no sense "he said". I want to let people know that Dr. Hitchon is not a professional doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Patrick W. Hitchon's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1974)

Carefirst Bcbs