Ratings for Dr. Gerald W. Miller

They are closed as of October, 2012...................................... Licensee entered into a Stipulated Order with the Board for gross or repeated acts of negligence. This Order assesses a civil penalty of $2,000, requires pre-approval by the Board's Medical Director for any practice setting, prohibits Licensee from practicing "anti-aging" medicine or endocrinology, and reprimands Licensee.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Functional medicine, not your standard care, much better. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

I found Dr Miller very informed, the staff is friendly and helpful. Sometimes there is a longer wait for my appointment and I have found that it is because he answers all his patients questions and this has not been the case in my experience with other doctors. He is a caring doctor and has helped me when others failed. I am very thankful for Doc Miller and wish there were more like him, I do not hesitate to refer him to others who need special help.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

First doctor EVER to help with my thyroid issues-others had said my dose was high enough w.o. doing proper testing or going by symptoms. I still felt horrible and had severe mood swings for years. For the first time feel like I can function again. Dr. Miller changed my life. I was suicidal at some point and noone ever tested my thyroid because I was "skinny." When they did they did not do complete testing and concluded everything was fine. Waiting times can be long, but honeslty, it's worth it and they are not actually that bad (10 minutes on average). The staff has never been anything but nice to me.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I went to see the doctor for the first time today. All I can say is don't beleive most of these reviews. I was seen a my appointment time the staff was very helpful and prompt and helped me get in and out so I wasn't late for work.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I did have to wait for my appointment. However when it was my turn he took the time to take care of me. Do not go to see him if your just looking for a magic pill to make you better. I feel he truly wants to make me healthy and well. He worked with me on making my care affordable, I feel the staff was professional. They weren't very friendly, however I wasn't there to make friends.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

He prescribed Welbrutin and Paxil for my wife then after a few years of going to him my her medicine needed refilling. She was told that he wasn't seeing workmans comp patients anymore and they told her that in December. They did not. She went through such withdrawls and the doctor they recommended didn't return her call either. So she suffered sweats, stomach sickness for weeks. Finally it stopped. She wrote him a letter so shocked since he had been so caring and understanding but got no answer back, really shocking. But in the end it was a good thing to able to get off that stuff. If anyone is taking that stuff beware of the withdrawls!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Dr Miller has no consideration for patients time. The minimum waiting time is at least one hour without fail. He never aplogies for keeping his patients waiting. This is frustrating as I am taking my lunch break to see him. I am usually in his office for at least close to 2.5 hours due to the waiting time. I probably see him for around 20 mins. His staff are a complete nightmare. They are rude, unhelpful and having problem cracking a smile. Since I started using Dr Miller, I have to see him every month as he sent me for lab work every month without fail. Now it makes me wonder if this is one way he makes his money by making his patients see him all the time. I am in the midst of looking for another doctor and will not recommend this doctor to anyone unless they want to waste half their day away sitting in his office and dealing with his rude staff.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

I called this doctor to make an appointment to be seen about an issue that was causing me considerable pain. I had previously seen this doctor as my primary care physician, but since it was more than 2 yrs ago, I was told that I would be considered a "new" patient and therefore could not be seen for at least a week. Furthermore, at my first appointment, there would be no actual exam or physical diagnosis done. The first appointment would be to just "talk". After that, I would be entitled to make another appointment, which would be another few weeks away. At that time I could actually get treatment. In summary, this doctor was completely useless to me. He seems to be more interested in collecting fees for unnecessary office visits than actually helping his patients.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

As others say - you always have to wait. No apologies. I realize that it is because he takes so long with patients - then appointment planning should be adjusted accordingly. Staff is extremely unfriendly, cold and rude. When I complained I was told by DR Miller that if I could not get on with staff then I should find another doctor! Dr Miller never looks at you when he talks to you. He spouts a wealth of knowledge but I have found errors in what he has said. He does not follow up on test results. He even forgot that I had a major issue which I had been seeing him about for 18 months! Am looking elsewhere as I seem to be more concerned about my health than he does.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Gerald W. Miller's Credentials

• Univ Of Saskatchewan, Coll Of Med, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Beaverton, OR