Ratings for Dr. Nelson Bryan Smith

Total ripoff. Promised he would provide all documentation needed so we could file an out of network claim and was lying all the way. Even told us that the meds he dispensed were better quality than the ones at any other pharmacy because his were not the "fake ones from China" . After treatment he and his staff refused all attempts for us to retrieve documents and information that our primary physicians and insurance company needed to file the claim and maintain our medical files.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Smith's now for several years. He has treated everything from an ear infection to a tennis elbow to a heart murmur that my primary physician couldn't find. I have never met a more thorough more professional doctor who only cares about taking care of his patients the right way. Yes his office operates differently, they don't take iinsurance, but my health is worth it. Do you really think your insurance company cares what's best for you? He doesn't have to "fight the system" so he has more time to treat patients and he can do more for you than the conventional primary care doctors whose hands are tied with insurance. He can see you quickly and treat any problem you have. If you need a good doctor and you don't mind paying for good care, then this is the doctor for you.

Submitted June 16, 2011

This physician is one of the rudest people in any field I have ever encountered. He charged $290 up front to evaluate and when he made his diagnosis, he wanted another $1000 for a simple procedure. I questioned him politely on some of his office policies, and he refused to answer. He then threw me out of his clinic under the threat of calling the local sheriff. I had not used foul language or even raised my voice. This man did nothing illegal, but he charges usurious rates and has no concept of customer service nor compassion. His staff even questioned another patient on some very personal information by asking across the open waiting room. This man has opened a new clinic in Pigeon Forge so he can take advantage of the tourist trade.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

I liked him. He told me the truth about my situation and took a great deal of time to do this very thoroughly for me. I received excellent care. I saw his office staff have to deal with two drug-seekers and a person demanding something at the front window they were told they would not get while I was there. I wouldn't want to have to deal with the scum most walk-in clinics have to deal with today. So many People want something they cannot have...if the doctor is doing his job correctly, that is...drugs being the most common cause for getting upset now. God help this good doctor. He has the guts to say "No" to those who need it.

Submitted April 22, 2008

Charges $290, cash in advance, for a visit. Sells Rx drugs at greatly inflated prices. ($189 for a prescription which cost $18.99 at Walgreens). Nothing good about the experience. Does not accept insurance or credit cards.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

I went to this doctor as part of a detox program. I had to pay six hundred dollars just to speak with him about it. The medication he uses to detox is Suboxone. The good doctor charged me 3500.00 for a total of three of these 2-6 dollar pills. He then convinced me that if I did not return to continue the treatment I would in fact die, this was a lie. I did not know this. Over the next two days he took me for a total of 6750.00, I can’t list all the outlandish charges that he lied and told me he had to pay to give me the prescription. 400.00 DEA fee, which doesn’t exist. There was just so much. I found another doctor who did everything that he did for me for 500.00, vs. his 6750.00. Please stay away from the man. He only accepts cash, and has two attack dogs in the back in case you don’t pay once he has treated you. Trust me, God as my witness this man was the worst thing that has ever, ever happen to me. Every word is true; I have sworn such in a formal complaint. Stay AWAY!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

Makes going to the doctor fun again. I didn't have to wait or catch another disease while waiting in a crowded lobby, which is the normal gig at my insurance doctor's office. I even got an antibiotic shot here! Haven't had one of those since I was a youngster. I've seen Dr. Smith through the years, many times; he's different...and aren't we glad of that, too! Most Doctors today "do insurance"...and are quite unavailable, don't do house calls, spend little time with you and give you the care only your insurance "allows". Bah. Dr. Smith refuses Insurance. Sees fewer Patients each day and spends a great deal of time with all. Does all this for direct pay, fee for service...like it used to be all over in medicine when Doctors cared for their Patients better! Don't go anywhere else; this doctor's got what it takes to give you excellent care and to stand up against the system - as it tries to make all Patients be "just another Bozo on the Bus" at the crowded local insurance office!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2007

this "Dr." Is not one I would reccomend. I went to this man because I had a UTI and I was not able to wait until monday morning to see my regul;ar doctor since it was a sat afternoon. I thouhgt this would be faster than going to the ER. He did no exam for this or test to confirm UTI, I diagnosed myself, where usually there is a test done which would be included in the cost of visit. I asked about it and it could be given for more money. The only thing he did do was talk to me about my faith take my temperture and blood pressure then write me a percription for an anti biodic and asked if I wanted it fill there for 50 dollars of course I took it to CVS and got it for 4.18. This man would not coperate when I went back to receive a copy of my medical chart. STAY AWAY FROM HIM!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2007