Ratings for Dr. John Mulloy

The staff, namely the receptionist Alana, is probably the rudest person I have ever spoken to. She ignored Diane's request to answer the phone. She spoke to me abruptly and like I was a nuisance. All I wanted to do was book an appointment and she made it extremely difficult to do so. I tried explaining that I work day shifts and yet she insisted I have an appointment at 1:30 anyway. She did not care at all about why I was calling. She just wanted to get off the phone. I have never felt so insulted and disgusted with a health professional in my life. Absolutely terrible. It's a shame because Dr. Mulloy is an excellent doctor and very friendly. His staff should be more reflective of who he is.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Always there when I need them. Over 40 years at this office.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Mulloy is an exceptional doctor: he is patient, thorough, knowledgeable... Sometimes, I have to wait a long time to see him but that's okay because I know that he is taking his time with his patients as he does with me. I've been very lucky as I had Bill McMullen up until 10 years ago. I would also like to thank Diane who has been there it seems forever.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My name is Bob Wygant...before Dr. John I was with Dr. Bill. That encompasses about 45 years of my life. They are both kind, gentle and knowledgeable. Glad to have them both in my life...for sure!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Mulloy has been my family doctor for many years. He takes his time with his patients and listens to them. If you have test results he reviews every aspect of them with you. He answers your questions and won't hesitate to send you to a specialist if required. He is funny and kind. Sudbury is lucky to have him for a doctor. In fact, the only complaint anyone might have is that it takes a while to get in to see him, but that is because he takes his time with his patients. He is a true professional and I have seen a number of doctors over the last few years in Sudbury and Toronto. He is top notch!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I felt bullied and he didn't take my concerns seriously. The impression I got was that he knew what he knew, and that's all there was to know, even when presented with proof to the contrary. He did not remain up to date on the current research regarding my medical condition and refused to be educated. Rather than treat my actual condition, I was often offered medications that dealt with some of the minor symptoms such as antidepressants. This kept me ill and under-medicated for years which ultimately lead to my becoming so ill that I had to stop working for nearly a year. When I began to feel well on a higher dose of medication, he ,made excuses to knock it back down to where I didn't feel well, but he was happier with the numbers on his paper. I do not feel safe or respected under his care, and so I am moving on.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

He's a great Dr.! I'm not going to nitpick stuff like waiting time, or if he smiled sincerely at me (he does, but that's not the point). The point is, no matter what my concern, he will take it seriously, and he does not hesitate to send you to a specialist or for testing if it is warranted. Since he took me in, I have had some health scares and he has taken very good care of me. I'm very lucky to have such a good caregiver.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Dr. Mulloy is a skilled Family doctor, who stays current with his medical knowledge. He is very community minded as he has served on many boards/groups who have helped to make Sudbury a great place to raise your family. He is also very caring and will go that extra step to help his patientds. We are fortunate to have a man of his abilities helping people in our region.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Dr Mulloy has been caring for my wife ,myself and my 2 children for almost 15 years .I trust him with my life .He is honest,hard working ,cares deeply about his patients and is amazingly knowledgeable .He has helped keep my type 2 diabetes under tight control and has recently helped me recuperate from lung and heart failure .In owe this man my life .In reading some of the negative comments ,I am absolutely flaberghasted by anyone calling him rude .Wow ! He is very kind and considerate .Thanks for saving my life "Coach" The Baker Family

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr. Mulloy is an awful doctor. He is condescending and rude, and never takes anything I say seriously. He has mocked me, laughed out loud, and completely dismissed serious issues that I was supposed to be examined for. I suffered with severe abdominal pain for two years after my son was born by C-section, and was in to see Dr. Mulloy several times because of it. He sent me for three ultrasounds, each of them showing nothing (according to him), and he continued to tell me nothing was wrong. I ended up in the ER one night and was FINALLY referred to a specialist by the ER doctor and I ended up requiring surgery. On top of that, my son had to have surgery at 3 weeks as he had pyloric stenosis. Dr. Mulloy also "laughed it off" when I told him that it ran in our family and that I was concerned about him having it. He told me that it was very uncommon and that it didn't present itself until the age of six months. Again, we ended up in the ER, and my son required surgery. Done with him!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009