Ratings for Dr. Sean M. Fahey

I found Dr.Fahey to be extremely annoying. He does not talk in terms you can understand. He is very cold and disrespectful. It is almost you are a bother to him and his nurse. She is very rude! If you ask a question and don't I understand Dr.Fahey and his nurse act like it is so exhausting to answer your question. But yet my insurance is helping to pay both of their salary's. You would think that both of them would want the patient to feel comfortable enough to ask questions if they don't understand.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Good balance of science and information. If you want to understand the science, he can bore you to death with the statistics and facts doctors are supposed to know. If you want just the high level and several treatment plans with risk and benefit inforamtion, you can get that also. He lets you guide your treatment. He makes his recommendations and lets you make your choice based on cost, personal goals (pregnancy risk awareness), and likely outcomes. I get morning appointments and get in and out when I expect. I got a 2nd opinion on path of treatment several years ago. The other doctor wanted to put me on the same treatment path, so I stayed with Fahey. The treatments are working and I plan on staying with Fahey unless I move.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

DR. FAHEY HAS THE PERSONALITY OF A ROCK.I FOUND HIM TO BE EXTREMLY RUDE AND CONDESCENDING.IT SEEMS HE PAID MORE ATTENTION FLIRTING WITH HIS ASSISTANTS THEN TO HIS PATIENTS.IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED HORRIBLY THAN HE IS THE RIGHT DOCTOR FOR YOU, IF NOT MY SINCERE ADVICE TO EVERYONE IS TO BEWARE!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

Very condescending, and very rude to the patient (me). Acted as if nothing was wrong with me and just prescribed pills and sent me on my way... really didn't listen to me at all.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Very attentive Dr.Really liked his approach to my arthritis problems.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. Fahey is very thorough and knowledgable. He takes his time to find out what your problem could be. He does required tests to ellimate all possible reasons for your problem. He explains everything in great detail. He doesn't give you drugs to mask the problem because he wants to find out exactly what he is dealing with regarding your problem. I would recommed him to anyone who wants a doctor that listens to what you have to say and follows through with tests that he knows will help him to find out what he needs to know to treat your problem. We are fortunate to have him in our area. I will continue to see him because I know he cares and listens to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

The entire staff went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. Dr. Fahey is honest and competent! I will continue seeing him for years to come!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

I waited 2 months for this initial appointment. I was running late due to the traffic in Mooresville so I called and was told they only hold the appointment for 15 minutes and I would not make it in time and would have to reschedule. I explained how long I had waited for the appointment and that I was only 5 minutes or less away and how badly I needed to see the doctor but still was told the policy and I would have to reschedule because she didn't think I would make it in time. I kept going...I walked in at 2:15 (my appointment was at 2) and they would not see me!! I pointed out to my watch it was 2:15 and was told "not by our clock"!! I got the same from the office manager. Both staff members seemed annoyed and showed no empathy whatsoever. If this is the kind of staff this doctor prefers...he's not the one for me! Thank goodness I never got to see him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Has no personality, does not care about your condition or pain. Made you feel like a "LEPER". Do not go to this man. you ae wasting your time and money. NEVER look at any of the paperwork. Said "If the test results come back negative you will have to go somewhere esle.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

Was on std w/my employer-referred by my neurosurgeon to rheumatologist.Post-op Chiari 1 Decompression in'05. c-5,c-6 fusion in '06. In'07-cyst seen on'05 mri butdecompression more urgent. Cyst not removed until '07-now penetrating 2layers of my skull.'07-cmc orthoplasty on hand- Fibromyalgia,osteoarthritis-many more symptoms-ALL prt of Chiari-(a genetic disease.)The base of skull is smaller than normal. The cerebral tonsils were crowding & blocking spinal fluid flowing to my brain.Decompression was done to relieve pressure & allow normal flow of spinal fluid to my brain-BUT-"Surgery does not cure all"-referred to a rheumatoligist for present symptoms. His exam-- tapping my arms, knees&back-No x-rays.He rudely tld me he wasn't a disab.dr& notes bluntly stated "no signs of fibrom.2ndopinion-1stVisit-DrWodecki xrayedmefrm hd to toe-Clin notes-"classic tender points not true diagnosis."Dr Faheydidn't note signs of fibromyalgia." P.S-was justapprvdfor s.s. ltd to be rechecked in 5-7yrs

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Dr. Sean M. Fahey's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1998)

MAMSI