You may also like

Rate Dr. Eric S. Albright

Dr. Eric S. Albright's Ratings

I began seeing doctor Albright for my Hashimoto's and he is a very knowledgeable doctor and spends adequate time with his patients. However, he has a "one size fits all" treatment strategy and is not willing to try different medications other than straight T4.

As a new patient it took several months to schedule an appointment, as such I had been seeing my PCP (who admitted he didn't know much about Hashimoto's) who started me on generic levothyroxine. I explained to Dr. Albright all of the various symptoms I was having--high blood pressure, severe peripheral neuropathy, and lightheadedness. His response to having high blood pressure was to simply put me on a beta-blocker blood pressure medication (even though I now know that HBP can be a symptom of generic levothyroxine). I also asked if he would be willing to prescribe dessicated thyroid (after I had read several positive reviews) and he said "absolutely not."

I stayed on the generic levothryroxine for several more weeks (with a lower dose) and the symptoms just continued to stay the same--no improvement--and Dr. Albright simply told me that "my numbers were normal." His response to the peripheral neuropathy was to tell me to "see a neurologist" even though this symptom didn't start until I started the medication.

Frustrated, I went in for another appointment and demanded that I be switched to Synthroid. I also asked him to test my T3, RT3, and cortisol (the only tests that he had run were FT4 and TSH). He told me again that "my numbers were normal" and that "these tests would be a waste of time." I asked myself--"how can you tell me my numbers are normal when you don't even know what they are?"

The bottom line is that after 5 months of treatment with Dr. Albright and 4 or 5 appointments, I was feeling worse than I did when I started with him. I subsequently switched doctors to a Doctor of Osteopathic medicine who was willing to prescribe dessicated thyroid. After a couple of months on dessicated, I'm feeling much better but am still not 100%. I found a doctor who will actually test ALL of my thyroid levels and who is willing to try different medicines. My peripheral neuropathy is 95% better (knock on wood), my blood pressure has returned to normal (it WAS caused by the levothyroxine and it was not necessary for me to take the beta blocker), but I still get a little lightheaded from time to time.

Needless to say I won't be needing Doctor Albright's services any longer.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2855656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Albright since he joined this practice a few years ago. I like him very much! He is always on top of my thyroid issues and keeps adjusting the dose as my body changes and other meds cause fluctuation in my thyroid numbers. He is very knowledgeable about hypothyroidism and I totally trust him to treat my thyroid condition. He takes time to ask how I feel and how my life is going. Dr. Albright has been very supportive through a very rough patch I recently went through. He seems genuinely interested and encourages me to take good care of myself. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Dr. Albright is knowledgeable about Hashimoto's. He does ultrasounds in his office and explains the results to patients. He listens well and explains what is going on with your disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1729498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2014

I have had to call multiple times (4) to get an answer back from the staff. I have had 2 appointments cancelled because the Dr. would be out (when it's hard for me to get time off to come to the appointments). I have been going for 2 years and have been told my levels are still in "normal" range and there's nothing we can do until they aren't. I understand that and am not upset with the Dr. - however, I know something is wrong and am having a hard time believing that I have to be miserable until this shows up on a test.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1729497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2013

BAD DOCTOR. REFUSE E-COMMUNICATE. DENY DEAF ACCESS. DON'T CARE REHAB ACT, ADA, DEAF ACCESS, HIPPA, ETC.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1729496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

I changed doctor's three times before finding Dr. Albright. He is the first doctor to not just look at tests, but to ask me how I am actually feeling. I can say for the first time, I feel better than I have in years. My thyroid levels are at a point where I feel considerably better. He also works with me since I moved to Glenwood Springs and allows me to get blood tests at the local hospital. I am so thrilled, I will not be changing even though I have moved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1729495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2013

Amazing doctor! He listened and answered questions for 45 minutes on my first visit. Very knowledgeable with an excellent ability to communicate complex medical issues in layman's terms. He took me and my symptoms seriously and went above and beyond to diagnose me properly (no other doc had been able to to that thus far). I feel better than ever. Every visit since has just solidified my trust in him. I HIGHLY recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1729494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

I have seen four endocrinologists, each of whom had something slightly different to tell me about my treatment for grave's disease. I was relieved to finally find Dr. Albright. He listened to me and was very knowledgeable about my situation. I like his dry sense of humor and his willingness to involve me in my own treatment (ie. when I had a bad reaction to synthroid, he took me off it at my request and tried another dye-free thyroid replacement drug, which has been fine). The only problem I've had is with his office staff. It is very difficult to actually speak to a person when you call, even if it's just to make an appointment. In addition, the new nurse they hired knew nothing about endocrinology, had never heard of grave's disease, and barely knew what a thyroid was. It was very frustrating to deal with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1729493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Best doctor I've had. He's extremely knowledgeable and thorough, as well as patient and friendly. I've been his patient for almost 3 years and feel great, thanks to him. I highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1729492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr Albright has been treating me for thyroid cancer for a year. He is knowledgeable and always takes time to answer all my questions. His recommended treatment has always been the same as the Univ Cancer Center

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1729491].votes_count ]]