Ratings for Dr. Leslie Petts

Dr Petts was the best doctor ever, sorry he retired, we miss him

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Doctor Petts and staff are terrific; when a urgent appointment is required,there is no problem, the majority of time I may wait up to 15 minutes past my time, he is willing to listen and many more positive words. Just think, one could a doctor that does not care, the wait times are horrific and others simply push pills from there desk draw and I have had these doctors. All in all I would Dr Petts a 8.5 / 10. I fact in today's times you should be lucky to have a doctor!!!!!! NOTE: if you are rude and a complainer etc, then I would to a degree treat you as you are presently are treating me!!TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WISH TO BE TREATED AND YOU JUST MIGHT GET A POSITIVE REPLY/HELP FROM WHOM YOU ARE TALKING TO. always remember this before engaging the mouth. ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE ENGAGING MOUTH!!!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

not profficent in reading reports from specialists. Gives too many pills

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I keep falling down and injuring myself. This is now the fifth time. I had to go to emergency in Alliston.Dr, Petts wants xrays on my knees. The dr, at the hospital asked me questions and i told him my symptoms and he thinks i have lupus. Dr, Petts thinks it is my knees!I cannot continue to fall down and hurt myself, the other day i fell and now i have a sprained wrist and a hairline fracture on my buttocks.Time to look for a new dr.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I have had this doctor for about 8 years however it didn't take long for me to realize that he is the kind of doctor you go to see to get referred to proper medical professionals. This man scared my son and me so badly my son had lumps in his neck and the doctor told my son there was a 1/3 chance it was cancer, my son panicked as did I when my son asked if he was going to die I looked at the doctor hopeful he would certainly say something reassuring and comforting to my son but what he did say was " well we'll see". This carried on out into the waiting area where told his nurse to prescribe some xanax for my son and get a few extra ones in case I needed them! Went to Collingwood hospital saw a real doctor who assured us that it is swollen lympth nodes and that my son is a healthy child. She checked his ears, throat, armpits, groin and liver. Dr Petts didn't even have him take his coat off.and i'm sick of hearing about his wife too!!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

My husband and I feel very fortunate to be patients of Dr. Petts. He does look things up while you are there, just to make sure there is nothing he is missing. He is always kind and always willing to listen to what ever issues you have. He is not one of these 1 issue per appointment Dr. My husband and I always leave his office feeling like we have gotten all of the answers to the questions we had. He is always willing to refer to a specialist if needed. He has been a god send to us.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

He's great at looking things up, because he never knows the causes... compares child ailments to his cats troubles... i'm sure he was a decent doc in his day, but his best days are behind him and i think it's time he hit the ol' dusty trail

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Very through when coming up with diagnosis even willing to look things up. Great doctor. I will never switch.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

I was very disappointed with my experience with Dr. Petts. I started seeing him when my son was 6 months old and he wasn't helpful at all when it came to answering questions related to babies, then when I got pregnant the second time he had no clue about any of the required tests. I left the office very angry and since then have decided to continue my prenatal care with the Barrie Prenatal clinic where they actually know what they are talking about. He is a VERY old school dr and just wasn't a good fit for a young family at all. His office is also a disgusting mess.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

I consider myself fortunate to have Dr Petts as my physician, considering the previous doctor I had. He understands my illnes and works well with my specialists in Toronto. Yes there have been times when I have waited to see him especially when a patient required forms completed (WSIB, STD & LTD etc), however when I require said forms etc to be completed the same time and understanding etc is allowed to me. He definately is not a pill pusher doctor where he opens his desk drawer, hands you some pills and says try these and come back in two weeks. Doctor Petts and his staff are truly professional in all ways and are more than willing to assist.CWS, Barrie Ontario

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009