Ratings for Dr. Marc W. Hungerford

Dr hungerfords staff is amazing. Very helpful and friendly. Dr H took his time to answe all of my questions and was very knowledgable on a number of questions. Also, he didn't push me to have surgery like a lot of these guys do

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Very helpful staff. Dr Hungerford was very knowledgeable about my knee replacement and the nursing staff after surgery were superb! I am now back to all my normal activities with no problems! I would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

The doctor is mechanical and lacks empathy I am not returning

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

DR. Hungerford performed surgery on my knee and in the process damaged the nerves on both sides of my leg. This caused my toes to claw and my ankle to be out of alignment. After 2 years I was on the verge of losing my toes and had to have major surgery on my foot. DR. Hungerford was very uncaring and unconcerned. I would never recommend him to anyone.

Submitted March 10, 2014

It's true that when Hungerford was at Good Sam the staff SUCKED. (he operated on one hip in 2006 and the other in 2013) Now at Mercy, the staff is awesome. The office manager, Erica (I think), DOES NOT return calls, but the coordinator Maureen more than makes up for it. I had documentation of the need for a THR, plus he knew from 2006 that the other hip would need replaced, so my visit was pretty much in and out, surgery scheduled. They said to be early for paperwork but being brought to room and doc coming in were all pretty much on time. Dr. Hungerford may not have the best bedside manner but he's just blunt and to the point. If your weight will affect surgery/recovery, he will tell you that. That's just honesty-- he's not rude but also doesn't preface to death trying to not hurt someones feelings. Bottom line is he knows his stuff and that's what matters.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I seen Dr. Hungerford for total knee replacement. He seemed very concerned and caring prior to the surgery. However, once surgery was done, his attitude changed 100%. His staff is rude and obnoxious. Dr. Hungerford released me knowing I still had problems with my knee, which he said was my back. These are exact same problems prior to surgery, which is not the back. The pain is in the kneecap itself, plus below and the side of kneecap, also alot of swelling in the same areas. Prior to releasing me, he was to x-ray my leg again, which he did not do, a piece of metal is coming out of my knee, he told me take tweezers and pull it out myself-WHAT! He shows no compassion, doesn't seem to care about his patients. I have been to 3 orthopedic surgeons prior to seeing Dr. Hungerford, and all agreed the pain is due to the knee, not the back. After 8 wks., I'm no better. Sorry I didn't see Dr. Dalaury for the surgery, I couldn't wait 6mos to one year for surgery. I hope he will see me now.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

New patients are welcomed. No proper follow up after surgery. Office staff unprofessional.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Office always crowded, running at least an hour late. Did not listen to my chief complaint. Went to different orthopod who seemed to actually care about his patients.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

Taking everything into consideration, the plusses with the therapists and nurses and the negatives with the anesthesiologist, his unprofessional PA, and his snooping father, after a hip replacement operation with Dr. Hungerford I'm now ready for a hip operation on the other side. This time I will be going to Dr. David Dalury. No more Hungerford dramas for me.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

Dr. Marc W. Hungerford's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Providence