Ratings for Dr. Douglas Keehn

Abusive, hostile, arrogant Dr with a God complex. Judgemental and does not care ay all about his patients. Will not let you have any say in your treatment. Not extremely knowledgeable and trears you like you are worth nothing. Absolutely should not be practicing. Avoid this abusive doctor at all costs. Made my conditions worse because he doesn't listen and doesn't care. Horrible horrible person, doctor and experience.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

His bedside manner could be a little nicer, but after my first set of facet joint blocks, I cried. It was the first time in years I did not feel any pain. I am terrified of needles, but if this rhizotomy works, Dr. Keehn will always have my gratitude. After struggling through physical therapy and having surgery due to severe osteoarthritis, I had lost hope. Dr. Keehn gave me hope. Thank you! Sincerely, Cheri Hoffman

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Not even close. Utterly dismissive when it's outside his box. Smugly condemns treatment plans of my other providers, looks on me as lower than the lowest, all but accuses me of being a liar. Why? Based on an MRI. Guess what, doc? There's a whole world out there, and it includes these things called nerves...and small fibers to boot. They can die off, and the remaining ones, damaged. All over. Maybe a "skin punch" does a better job painting a picture when a patient complains of longstanding, wide-pattern, burning, numbness, and other neuropathic symptoms, severe, 24/7, for years. So, "pain" isn't malingering, it's debilitating, and its real. Came to you for help, but wouldn't let you treat this patient if you were the last physician on earth. Absolutely abysmal practitioner.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Dr. Keehn was very helpful, but very busy. Best bet would be to write down your questions before hand. Dr. Keehn was always very honest, blunt. Which i think most people associate with a bad bedside manner. He always looked out for my best interest and when he felt we needed to take it a step further he referred me to a doctor who could help me.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Arrogant and condescending does not even get close to this physician's approach. Overtly hostile would be more appropriate. I have never in my life experienced a physician who from the first to the last of this pointless "interview" left me so absolutely stunned. In my opinion, this physician has no business practicing in an area as complex as pain management - requiring compassion, and creative thinking. I cannot but give my lowest possible appraisal, based on a deplorable experience.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

this doctor has made a lot of mistakes and is not careful in what he does

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

He has awful bedside manner, but does know his stuff. Does this make up for it? Not sure. Nurses and PA's are nice, though, but dont ever expect to see him unless you are having the actual procedure, never shows for office visits, etc, just PA's.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

He has a very bad bedside manner, is rude and does not seem to be very knowledgable when asked for information. He makes his nurse available for information instead of himself. He keeps the patient waiting for a very long time.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2009

I have had bad experiences with this DR. He has NO bed-side manner. He DOES know his "stuff", but his horrible attitude outweighs his helpfulness.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2007

Dr. Douglas Keehn's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 2000)

AARP