Ratings for Dr. Brenda Banwell

Dr. Banwell ruined my life. I saw her at the hospital for sick children when I was a child. She saw me once a year, and tested for things that were irrelevant to what I actually had. When I met her I was able to walk and because she never found what I had in time I cannot walk today. My mom had to take me to the Mayo Clinic to find out what happened to me. As it turns out, I have CIDP. Doctors at Mayo were shocked she could not diagnose me in all those years. They diagnosed me in a week! When I stopped walking she suggested I see a psychologist! She said I was stressed and that's why I couldn't walk. I was 11, I barely understood what stress meant! She said to my mom many kids go undiagnosed! Thankfully my mom never gave up. Dr. Banwell ruined me, its to late to repair my nerve damage. I need help with everything. Not a day goes by that I don't think about how much I regret seeing her, not a day goes by that I don't cry because of the thing she could have, should have prevented! So Dr. Banwell if you ever see this, you probably don't remember me, just someone in your path to success but thank you for ruining my life.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Banwell has been taking care of our son for several years. While his condition is rare and his course uncertain, we are certain that he is in the care of an incredible doctor. As others have commented, her individual attention and caring nature is as much a part of her treatment as her skill and knowledge. She is exceptional and we are grateful and blessed for the care she provides to our son.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Is epilepsy may be the cause of fibromyalgia ?????? 0d 36 years suffer from epilepsy but after two accidents CAR I was diagnosed in early chronic pain and fibromyalgia then. lawyer believe that fibromyalgia is caused padaczka.THIS IS true ?????

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr Banwell is an amazing, caring, attentive physician. She gave us amazing care foe the 2 months our son was in Sick Kids and the follow-up visits that continued for years was also stellar. You could not ask for a better neurologist for your child! The only reason I gave a 4 for punctuality was b/c she is sometimes late, but that is Ok. She gives you the time you need, answers questions and you never feel rushed or like you have not been heard. Thank you God for such an amazing Dr. :-)

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Banwell is absolutely wonderful. She's a breath of fresh air when she comes thru the door and takes her time with you always with a smile on her face. My son loves her. She's the perfect Neurologist for children and teen. Thank God for Dr. Banwell.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Very helpful and knowledgable, especially at the time of my daughters stay at Sick Kids. So very pleased and honoured my daughter is in her care.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr. Banwell diagnosed me with Multiple Sclerosis when I was 13 years old (2002) and was my doctor until age 18. She was extremely helpful, kind and happy, always helping my family and I to deal with the emotional strains of MS. She was sometimes late to our appointments, but that is expected in a hospital environment. She also involved me in many MS research studies and inspired me to go into the study of Neuroscience. I am currently in my 3rd year of my honours program. My new doctor is no Dr. Banwell, but he is very intellegent and helpful and Dr. Banwell helped me to transition to his care smoothly. If I were so unfortunate as to have to find a neurologist for my own child, I would want to go to her.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Dr. Banwell is fabulous! Takes her time with you and she is a very busy lady! Our daughter loves her as well. Thank you Dr. Banwell for all you do!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

I can't say enough positive things regarding Dr. Banwell...what an icredible and intellegent person. She knows what she is doing and if not for her I would never have made it through one of the worst moments of my life...she is caring and thoughtful. Any patient in her care is very very lucky.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2007

Dr Banwell is awesome, very knowledgeable and treats you as if you are her only patient. She remembers personal details about the patients. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2007