Ratings for Dr. Vincent F. Coviello

My mother who is 86 was conned into paying him $40,000.00 for implants. The lab was horrible in making the teeth that were way too big for her mouth, not once, but twice, actually 3 times if you include the temporaries that were made on the spot! After going to him several he made her think he would do something, but to date has done nothing, but take her money! The lab has been horrible to deal with! Which is Vision Artist Dental Lab in Annandale, VA. Our dentist has paid out of his own pocket to make her implants that look wonderful and like her real teeth. I would stay away! Like it was said by another dissatisfied patient, he is all about the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!!!!! It has been 1year and a half to get her the proper implants!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

I have to laugh reading the other comments because those that rate him as less than 4 obviously are so burdened with their own personal problems and fears that they can't understand why the world doesn't cater to them, expecting a busy doctor to drop everything else to hold their clammy hands. My experience with Dr. Coviello and his staff was great but I don't fear dentistry, needles, drills, etc. I might have more empathy for those that whine about this or that but they are the worst patients to deal with. I wouldn't pay any attention to those comments. I've got to Dr Coviello several times and referred him to others who aren't consumed by fear. I don't have any suggestions for those that are.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Had a long wait so I got more nervous. Extraction seemed difficult and I had terrible pain for 4 -5 days. I also had trouble sleeping because my jaw remained sore for two weeks. I guess that goes with the territory. The staff is very friendly. I suggest music headphones for patients.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Such a bad experience with him. He is only about the all mighty dollar. Stay away!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr coviello is the worst oral surgeon. I was not even awake and was pushed out the door throwing up and made to leave. I ended up with a massive infection and had to beg for him to see me. I had so much puss coming from the place where all 4 wisdom teeth were extracted and he said I was fine and didn't need any antibiotics. I went across the parking lot to my dentist who said I was infected and gave me antibiotics. The pain was so unbelievable and dr coviello did not care one bit.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

One of the worst experiences of my life! Extraction was unbelievably painful and Dr. Coviello persisted despite my struggling. The worst pain I have ever experienced and he was cavalier about it afterwards. Nearly passed out in parking lot from the pain.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Coviello. He is kind, smart and caring. He has a wonderful staff and he is a talented surgeon. I felt comfortable talking to him and you can just tell he really cares about his patients. Thank you Dr. Coviello. I highly recommend him to anyone that needs an oral surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

i saw this excellent m.d. way back in 2006 in memphis, tenn. he was in with another doctor. he operated on me in a hospital setting. i wish, wish, he were still her. how good is he? on a scale of 100, he is 99.999!! go see him! he has an intuition for medicine that is God-given. you are born with it.. you cnnot achieve it in school. he litarally saved my life.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

My daughter has had to have numerous oral surgeries due to orthodontic issues. The staff has been truly supportive, friendly and a real joy to work with. Dr. Coviello is a caring Doctor who treats each patient as an individual. He put a lot of time and effort into each of our visits. He was very informative about the procedures and was glad to answer all of my questions. It is rare in this day and age to find a Doctor and staff who care so much about their patients!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I was a patient who had such a fear of the dentist,that i had an absess twice on the roof of my mouth that had to be lanced in the er .i was too afraid to go get my tooth pulled due to childhood trauma caused by a dentist.I was referred. to dr. Coviello beings he could sedate me for the process.he also was the only dr. who took my insurance. I was relieved that i would not be awake during the procedure.what could go wrong? Well,the nurse could not get my vein. dr. coviello came in and tried and tried to get my vein also having trouble. He was very short and visibly agitated . he told me "if i can't get this in, then we will have to reschedule u . You will make me late for my other appointments".My anxiety turned to guilt.As the dr.may be very good in his knowledge of medicine, caring,understanding and compassion must have been taught on a day he wasn't there.my experience before and after was great,his staff was wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013