Ratings for Dr. Hyun S. Kim

After four years and numerous gastro doctors I found Dr. Kim. On my very first visit she suspected what was causing my condition due to my age, symptoms and history. She performed, yet, another colonoscopy, however this time with biopsies, something not ever mentioned by any other doctor. She prescribed only one pill and gave me my life back. She always takes time to talk to me and answer any questions I have. I have been under her care for over a year. I find her to be very compassionate and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

She keeps bumping you from pill to pill instead of taking a good look at what is going on with you. It appears that she has no desire to dig deeper to find the problem, just take some pills and go away. Rushes through the appointment and doesn`t ask much disease history at all. I complained about my lower abdomen hurting on my second visit and having a sore throat for 4 months. She did not pulpate my stomach and I had to almost twist her arm to get up and look at my throat. Even than she stayed a couple of feet away.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I'm am so surprised at these two ratings. I have seen Dr. Kim several times and though it is correct that there is sometimes a wait - in her defense - many of her patients are referred to her while hospitalized and so she spends a good part of her day at the hospital. Though it is nearby, it can be a bit of a walk, depending on where she is. I was recently diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and was referred to her for a colonoscopy. She was great. I had seen her several years before for the same test and have found her to be very knowledgeable and concerned. I received my diagnosis from my Primary Care physician and when I saw Dr. Kim for the pre-colonoscopy check-up she spent quite a bit of time going over everythng with me and even took the time to comfort me and help me understand what was going on in my body. I have a rather poor prognosis but she took the time to explain that statistics are just that - statistics - and they aren't 100% accurate. VERY GOOD DR.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2008

Dr. Kim would not give me straight answers, would not work with me to find dietary solutions. Kept pushing medicine as the only resolve. Went to another doctor and found out Dr. Kim had me on the wrong medication for 3 months!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

Keeps you waiting, in a rush to get through the appointment, and doesn't know her medicine. I do not recommend.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2007

Dr. Hyun S. Kim's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1990)