Ratings for Dr. Myron Harmaty

I have gone to the Urgent Care Center where Dr. Harmaty works twice and both times saw him. The first time he sent me straight for further testing and his diagnosis was 100% accurate-diverticulitis. The second time he treated me for a migraine. I have suffered with migraines for twenty years and he taught me more in one visit that I have ever known about the headaches. He was extremely compassionate and even called me the next day to check on me.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Dr. Harmaty has seen some of my family on several different occasions. He is always consistant on being RUDE, and acts as if he is always inconcenienced!! Personally I went to the emergency room at Gaston Memorial complaining with chest pains and shortness of breath.. He was very rude and told me I was having a panic attack.. I said no, I know something is very wrong, and he dismissed me... Needless to say, the same symptoms reacurred all night. The nest day I felt considerably worse. My family then took me to Presbyterian Hospital, and I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Emboli. (blood clots in the lungs) My doctor at Presby told me if I would have waited another hour before coming in, I would have died suddenly.. I will never forgive Dr. Harmity, or Gaston memorial for this. I would never advise anyone seeing him!!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

He made diagnosis for my toddler after very little examination, and when he told me about the diagnosis he seemed inconvenienced when I asked him questions about the findings as well as the medication prescribed. He told me the diagnosis from the hallway outside the exam room through the open door! I'm very dissatisfied with my experience.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

prescribed medicine that my pedicatrician later told me was NOT useful for his diagnosis (Pneumonia in a four year old child).

flag | Submitted January 22, 2008

Dr. Myron Harmaty's Credentials

• Ludwig-Maximilians-Univ, Fak Med, Munchen, Germany (407-16 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1973)