Ratings for Dr. Richard S. Legro

I have been going to Dr. Legro for my PCOS for the past 13 years and is the ONLY doctor I trust. He has worked with me in trying to come up with solutions to help lessen the effects of PCOS for me. Anytime I have ever had a problem I have contacted his personal nurse and have had answers within 24 hrs after calling. He is one of the best PCOS specialists. His staff is incredible as well. I do not have one bad word to say about Dr. Legro or his staff. Anytime I have ben there which is a lot of times obviously in 13 yrs he has always been friendly and actually listens to his patients & works with you to come up with a solution.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Legro gave me excellent care for PCOS. I was able to conceive my daughter because of his treatments.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

I have seen Dr. Legro for over a year now and he knows what he is talking about. I don't what other doctor would call you on a Saturday morning and tell you your results from a pap smear. Him and his staff have not taken me down a path that they didn't think was safe for me. They have watched out for me in everything. I have done two research studies with him and I am planning on doing another here in 2010 with him as well. I have seen a lot of doctors for PCOS and Dr. Legro by far has been the better doctor out of them all.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

I cannot agree more. LeGro thought I was FANTASTIC when I had PCOS and could be a research participant...but once he realized I had other health problems that wouldn't allow me to participate, he was just an ass the rest of the time - no bedside manner, very abrupt, quick, and unhelpful. Dismissed all of my concerns as silly "worry about nothing". Do not help this man make more money!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2007

I could not agree more with the comment posted. Dr. Legro was downright rude and uncaring. I waited forever to get an appointment with this "specialist" yet I found nothing special about him. He was the third opinion I was seeking and told me that I did not have PCOS and I quote said, "You will never be thin and can't blame PCOS for that." I have since lost 110 lbs. and would love to see him now! Funny that two other doctors did diagnose me with PCOS. He was surrounded by nurses and other staff who did the majority of his work. For as long as I waited for not only the appointment, but for some many needed answers, I was totally disgusted with his bed-side manner and total disregard for my concerns. I could go on and on, but he isn't worth the time!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

Dr. Legro started out nice when he thought I'd be a good subject for his PCOS research. When it turned out I did not have PCOS, his attitude change. I dealt with an arrogant, uncaring, self-centered man who was only interested in making money and furthering his research.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2007

Dr. Richard S. Legro's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1987)

GHI