Ratings for Dr. Lata Shridharan

fantastic pediatrician. We recently moved to USA and could not have asked for a better pediatrician. we are lucky !

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

very pleasant and knowledgeable doc. we bring our two children here

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I found Dr. Shridharan after reading though some reviews online. Getting an appointment with her office was fast and easy. When I called, I let the receptionist know that my son had Medicaid for his insurance and was told that since he did not yet have an ID number, (he was only a few days old) I would have to pay out of pocket for his visit and that Medicaid would later reimburse me. Assuming that they knew what they were talking about, I paid for his first two appointments out of pocket with money that I had to borrow. I would later find out that paying them upfront and assuming they knew what they were talking about was a BIG mistake! As far as the doctor goes, although my son was seen at her office about four or five times, he only saw Dr. Shridharan once. Every other visit was with her nurse Dr. Matthews. Both were very nice ladies and I feel like they listened to my concerns and advised what they could. Crystal who was one of the nurse’s assistant or aide was really good. Always very nice and on top of her job. She also always made an effort to make conversation and did what she could to make our child feel comfortable. The wait time was never too long, about 10 minutes at most. I can’t really say that I have any complaints about the doctors and can’s say too much about Dr. Shridharan because I only saw her once. However, her front staff could use definitely use more training and as a private practice, she needs to up her customer service. To try to make a very long story as short as possible, I was told to pay out of pocket for my son’s first two visit and that I would then need to call Medicaid and they would later reimburse me. When I did this, I was told by Medicaid that they do not do this and that I would have to have the doctor’s office file a claim for payment and that they would have to be the ones to do the reimbursement. When I called Dr. Shridharan’s office to inform them of this, I was told that they could not reimburse me and that they would not submit a claim to Medicaid. I had explained to them that this all began because of the information I received from them when I first called. After about two weeks of going back and forth with them I was told they would do me a “courtesy” and file the claim and when they were paid they would reimburse me. I waited a month before calling back to check on it to give them some time, from there I just got the run around. They would tell me it was submitted but they weren’t paid, then they would say one was paid but not the other. I called Medicaid and was told they were submitting it wrong, then later that it was paid. They would then tell me a check was being sent or that they had already sent it. It was always a different story when I called them. Every time they told me someone would call me back, they never did. I got to the point where I was going to file in small claims court because I was getting nowhere with them. After five and a half months of going back and forth with them, they finally gave me my money back. I believe they only did this because I let them know I was going to take them to court. It was a huge hassle and inconvenience. I write all of this to say, if it ever comes down to it that they have to reimburse you, be prepared to have to fight them and for anyone that may have Medicaid, DO NOT pay them upfront!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

was not a fan the first visit, last year. This Doctor states that she practices a 'natural' approach. I do not feel that recommending my child a bleach bath to treat eczema is a 'natural' approach. Doesn't the side of the bleach bottle state that it is 'a skin irritant'? I thought she would try to get to the root of the problem and not just recommend band-aides. Never offered to do any further testing on allergies etc. I explained my belief regarding vaccinations and how we chose to not vaccinate and I was supported. Desperate, I went back today and was willing to give it another shot and a second chance. Nope! I was asked if I vaccinated my child over the phone while booking appt and said, no. I got to my appointment with my child for a rash. I was given a prescription for a steroid cream. Again, I was not offered any kind of 'natural' treatment, just another band-aide. Then upon leaving, I was told I would not be allowed to come back because of my choice to not vaccinate my child. I have a medical exemption for vaccinations because of a vaccine injury that happened to my child. So, why did they not turn me away when I booked the appointment? There is nothing natural about this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

We are new parents. Love the one-on-one care we get at this clinic. Doctor is so gentle and understanding. Highly recommend to other new parents.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

We have been seeing Dr. Lata Shridharan for almost 5 yrs now and she is one of the best. Be it a sick or well visit, she is very patient, reliable, attentive, extremely personable, and trustworthy in answering all the questions and concerns. She is also very responsive to all the pediatric questions via emails. Flexible in scheduling same day appointments. The office is very clean and the building is very new.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

1ST APPT: My Son's 1 year Appt. They scheduled the appointment 1 day before his birthday, then said since it was 1 day before his birthday, they couldn't do the 1 shots. So I have to come back. Then they filed it with my insurance in a way that it was not considered a regular check up, so they say I owe $280. I have gone back and forth between them and my insurance and it still hasn't been taken care of. 2ND APPT: My Son's 15 month Appt I schedule the appt with no problem, drive an hour to see the Dr only to be told that they will not see my son because I owe them $280. Everything should have been covered 100% by the insurance, but since they filed it wrong, they expect me to pay $280. I saw Dr McDonald at Plano Pediatrics the same day only 2 hours later. He was amazing, literally the best experience I have ever had with a Dr! If that is not enough to defer you from seeing Dr Shridharan, she literally did not know by looking if my son was circumcised or not. Really?

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Dr. Lata is our first pediatrician to our new baby girl and she has been very attentive and available during and after hours to meet any and all of our needs. As new parents her availability and expert care is appreciated.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

our first baby was born in presby plano and the Ob Gyn recommended her. Glad we found her. Sometime I feel bad that we had to call her 3 times same night about my medication from dental surgery and its effect on the baby during breastfeeding. She patiently answered all our concerns. Great doctor. I recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. Lata Shridharan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Grant Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1996)