Ratings for Dr. Edward Yu

One of my family member has been followed by Dr. Yu for "glaucoma" follow up. However, the technicians would measure the eye pressure using Non-contact tonometer (machine that blows air at your eye), which is NOT the gold standard for measuring eye pressure. The air could bounce off the eyelash or eyelid and give you a false reading. We haven't even seen Dr. Yu each time for the follow up, and we were never informed on the status of her glaucoma by Dr. Yu. Despite the rude services, I am seriously doubting whether the glaucoma is being managed or if we are being used to generate revenue. I am considering filing a report to CPSBC.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Yu is the worst doctor I have seen in BC past 20 years. He is rude and attitude is terrible. He explains nothing to me and runs late.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

My mom had an appointment for glaucoma. He was on time, it was an extremely busy place but he answered all her questions and was extremely informative. The front staff were also pleasant and reasonable. I would have him operate on me in an instant.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I've been waiting here with my husband for 3 hours. They've ignored us and it took 2.5 hours just to get the first test done. I don't even care about dr Yu at this point. My husband is in severe pain and the staff are yelling at him to keep his eyes open during the test. This place is terrible.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

A really busy office, but if you honour your appointment time, either the staffs or Dr. Yu would attend to me within 15 - 20 mins. I consulted him 3 times before my surgery because I had questions that I overlooked, Dr Yu was very patient to explain all the concerns. Staffs not fluent in English, a bit loud, but very helpful and cheerful. A very good team, and I think he is worth the wait. My surgery was done last year, he is still monitoring my eyes on quarterly basis.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Extremely terrible... explains nothing to patients and runs late on surgery schedule. No sedation given for anxiety but patients MUST not eat after midnight even though patients are awake throughout procedure. 4 months wait till 2nd cataract is RIDICULOUS... Find another ophthalmologist... there are plenty in Burnaby area!!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Waiting room is full of people, which is normal these days for specialists. Office staff were fluent in english and pleasant. The doctor found the cause of my problem and gave me professional treatment . Considering the number of people that the Doctor and his staff see everyday, I think they should be forgiven if they are short on patience once in awhile. I am a middle aged white male and I would recommend Dr. Yu .

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Appointments overbooked. Office staff not fluent in English. Need cash or cheque to pay for extra tests;no debit or CC accepted. Doctor rushes you.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Did very bad job with my mother's eye surgery

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Clinic always packed with people. Always behind schedule. Always impatient. Always in a rush and no time for questions. I have to search for information and opinion on the web instead of getting answers and advice from him. He's more like a merchant trying to boost up his sales figure every month than a doctor who would take care of his patients.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013