You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Edward Yu

A really busy office, but if you honour your appointment time, either the staffs or Dr. Yu would attend to me within 15 - 20 mins. I consulted him 3 times before my surgery because I had questions that I overlooked, Dr Yu was very patient to explain all the concerns. Staffs not fluent in English, a bit loud, but very helpful and cheerful. A very good team, and I think he is worth the wait. My surgery was done last year, he is still monitoring my eyes on quarterly basis.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Extremely terrible... explains nothing to patients and runs late on surgery schedule. No sedation given for anxiety but patients MUST not eat after midnight even though patients are awake throughout procedure. 4 months wait till 2nd cataract is RIDICULOUS... Find another ophthalmologist... there are plenty in Burnaby area!!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Waiting room is full of people, which is normal these days for specialists. Office staff were fluent in english and pleasant. The doctor found the cause of my problem and gave me professional treatment . Considering the number of people that the Doctor and his staff see everyday, I think they should be forgiven if they are short on patience once in awhile. I am a middle aged white male and I would recommend Dr. Yu .

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Did very bad job with my mother's eye surgery

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Clinic always packed with people. Always behind schedule. Always impatient. Always in a rush and no time for questions. I have to search for information and opinion on the web instead of getting answers and advice from him. He's more like a merchant trying to boost up his sales figure every month than a doctor who would take care of his patients.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

His office is packed with patients. You may expect less than 5 minutes from him only. I didn't get my eye problem solved after 3 visits during half year. The problem he doubted didn't exit, and the final answer is no solution, which he could have told me early, then I could have the chance to see other doctors during the half year. I hope I will have no chance to see him again!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

avoid at all cost. almost went blind because of him. luckily got a 2nd opinion before his second treatment. the place is run like a fast food joint; nothing at all for patient care.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

He is a 100% terrible doctor. He made mistakes and tried to cheat the patient and very rude to senior patient.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Dr. Edward Yu's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A really busy office, but if you honour your appointment time, either the staffs or Dr. Yu would attend to me within 15 - 20 mins. I consulted him 3 times befo..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Extremely terrible... explains nothing to patients and runs late on surgery schedule. No sedation given for anxiety but patients MUST not eat after midnight ev..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Waiting room is full of people, which is normal these days for specialists. Office staff were fluent in english and pleasant. The doctor found the cause of my p..."

June 26, 2015
  • Address has been updated from "None" to "4885 Kingsway". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16044338391".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Appointments overbooked. Office staff not fluent in English. Need cash or cheque to pay for extra tests;no debit or CC accepted. Doctor rushes you. "

May 20, 2015