Ratings for Dr. Andy James Smith

Dr. Andrew Smith supports Sunnybrook doctors that form Death Panels. At Sunnybrook doctors can write Do Not Resuscitate orders on patients without obtaining Consent! This is how they control admissions to the ICU. Dr. Donald Livingstone and Dr. Martin Chapman co-signed a unilateral DNR order for my father. I was Power of Attorney. They did this behind my back. My father was only five days post-op and had an approved treatment plan that included CPR/Full Code. Dr. Chapman then refused my father breathing support pushing him into cardiac arrest. Dr. Andrew Smith supported the doctors and refused to conduct a QCIPA review. For over 10 years Sunnybrook had No CPR, End of Life Policies in place that did not conform to the Health Care Consent Act, 1996. Dr. Andrew Smith knew there was systemic wrongdoing by some doctors at Sunnybrook and did nothing! He has never been held accountable. It is unknown how many patients died because they were blocked from receiving life-sustaining treatment in the ICU. It could be 100's. The elderly were most at risk. Kathleen Wynne's Liberal government refused to conduct an investigation....... If you had a loved one die at Sunnybrook, go to Medical Records and review the chart. The illegal DNR order will be located in the Physician Order Section. The order would likely have been just hours or few days before the patient died. Some Sunnybrook doctors looked for another doctor to co-sign their unlawful DNR order. Dr. Andrew Smith supported this wrongdoing. He was rewarded by being promoted to CEO after Dr. Barry McLellan retired.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr. Smith gave me several extra years with my husband. Colon cancer. Andy did surgery that no-one else could have done. We are so fortunate he is in Canada. Husband passed in 2013. But there were good times we wouldn’t have had without Andy.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Saved my life - colon cancer - great personal Doctor -

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

A very kind and compassionate Doctor. He is sensitive to the needs of his patients and their families. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Not at all surprised to read all of the great things others have commented on about Dr Andrew (Andy) Smith! I am so grateful to him. In 2012 I was 49 yr old woman diagnosed by another dr in KW who had terrible bedside manner and was not honest with me about CT results. I was in pain so saw my GP and learned the truth that the cancer had spread to other regions. I immediately sought other care. I was blessed Dr Smith made time in his busy schedule to see me right away and expedite my surgery. He was honest, informative and compassionate telling me I had stage IV and that he would take good care of me now. I trusted him and truly felt cared for and relieved to be in his care. He not only did the resection but removed 31 lymph nodes (28 tested positive). Following surgery I had 3 months of chemo for spots on my liver. I am happy to say that recently I was able to see my oldest child marry. No signs of existing cancer in blood work or Ct scans for over 1 year now! Thank God Dr Andy Smith!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I was diagnosed with inoperable stage IV lower rectal cancer. I had a tumor 4x6 inches that was invading my bladder and rectum. Both were removed along with my prostate in a 13 hr operation when Dr Smith felt he could get clear margins. The surgery went so well that I was released in 2 weeks instead of his originally planned 5-7 weeks. MY name is Ronald Gill and I am a miracle. I have been cancer free over 2 yrs now.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

If this is Dr. Andy Smith from Sunnybrook, all I can say is that I love him. Great bedside manner, kind, gentle, smart.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

Dr. Andrew Smith and his team are wonderful, the best, fantastic. I met Dr. Smith when I was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2008, the care and consideration I experienced with this Dr. and his team made a frightning experience tolerable and much less frightening. Five years later and I am cancer free and unfortunately, but with blessings not see him again.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

Very thorough and knowledgable doctor. Recommended

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Not only a very professional team but they have the ability to soothe and assure.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Dr. Andy James Smith's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1990)

Oxford