Ratings for Dr. Frank E. Harper

Another Physician making money by keeping his patients dependent on prescription pills.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Harper was very passionate about his work and made me feel very comfortable. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Has too many patients with too little time to work with them. Is getting sloppy with patient care.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I first saw Dr. Harper in 1987 - He diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia which I had never heard of nor had any of my friends or family - in fact most it was pretty rare that any one had heard of it. Over the years I have lived in several other states - I have always tried to continue with Dr. Harper but at times I've had to visit a local doctor - I've had some very nice doctors BUT NONE could ever compare to Dr. Harper - he is the kindest, most compassionate, caring, attentive, intuitive, intelligent and wisest doctor I've ever had the good fortune to know. I did give a low rating for punctuality - but when you see Dr. Harper you don't mind waiting all day if necessary because you know when it's your turn he will give you all his attention and whatever amount of time you need. He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

After 14 years of suffering and many doctors with no real answers, a friend suggested Dr. Harper. I saw him in Dec. 2008 for the first time, very leery of Doctors, and quite frightened. I was amazed when at my first appointment, he spent nearly 3 hours with me going over every detail of my history, doing a thorough exam, and asking a lot of questions. Most had never spent more than 15 mins with me. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is the kindest doctor I've ever known. When I left that day, I felt like I finally had a doctor who cared and I knew I had someone on my team who would help me find answers so that I could live the kind of life I wanted to live. Over the last ten months, his determination to help me get better has never wavered, though my case is complicated. He is truly a Godsend! I recommend him to everyone I know. I drive from Hilton Head Island once per month to see him (2.5 hours 1 way) and it is worth every mile!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Dr. Harper is an amazing doctor. I am a young female in my 20's and I have been in pain for around 10 years. I have never been able to understand what my medical problem actually was until I visited Dr. Harper. Not only will he take the time to talk to you and make sure he fully understands your concerns, he will take the time to try and understand how he can help! (That is why their office isn't very punctual... he takes a lot of time with each patient... which is worth the wait!) I am now pain free because of Dr. Harper's continuous patience and help! I highly recommend this doctor for any age or problem!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Dr. Harper is the consummate professional....attentive, thorough, patient and understanding, not to mention kind. Everything you hope your caregiver would be. 5 tars and 2 thumbs up!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Harper diagnosed and treated me for Fibromyalgia. I had been suffering with pain and severe fatigue for two years and didn't know what was wrong with me. He tested me and talked to me, reviewed my medical background and diagnosed me. We worked together on pinpointing the perfect combination of meds and exercise for a few months. He doesn't give up. He really listens to you and cares about each patient as if they were his only patient. I have other family members who see him, and we all agree he's the best. I drive 2.5 hours one way to see him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

I had been seeing a Rheumetologist in Myrtle Beach , SC for 2 years. I was taking lots of drugs and getting Cortizone shots every month. This doctor charged me over $300.per month. My RA kept getting worse. I was in so much pain I needed a wheel chair. I was very depressed. My friend told me that she was happy with Dr Harper,so I decided to see him,December 1999. Dr Harper has never given me any shots. He switched my medicine around for about a year, and now we have the perfect formula. I feel like a different person. I don't need my wheel chair. My husband and Daughter are Dr Harper's patients too. I reccomend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

As a nurse, I have come in contact with a lot of doctors. Few listen to their patients and respect their thoughts/feelings as much as Dr. Harper. Dr. Harper relies less on lab results and more on reported feeling, which is essential when treating many autoimmune disorders. Dr. Harper also values other important aspects of care, such as exercise, proper nutrition, and weight balance. As a nutrition/exercise scence major in undergrad, I sincerely appreciate the attention to the holistic care of patients and the promotion of healthy lifestyle in addition to medication therapy. I have also been to University-linked rheumatologists. While I am a huge proponent of teaching hospitals, I felt more like a research experiment than a patient. However, Dr. Harper treats the person. I am a young lupus patient who has a lot of life to live, am active, and enjoy life. Dr. Harper has helped me more than any other MD. I recommend getting an early appt, though, as he tends to run behind.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. Frank E. Harper's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

AHC