Ratings for Dr. Robert Stecher

Excellent physician. Through exams, proactive preventative testing and emphatic patient centric care. Encountering my first major illness in life, Dr. Stecher was an excellent compliment to my specialist as I assume the health care system is designed to work - whole person health care. I had to relocate and will miss this physician, wish it was permanent.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Stecher for about 3 years, he constantly amazes me with his level of knowledge and care. He is the best doctor that I have ever experienced. He also took really good care of my Mom and was exceptionally kind and really watched over her. I wish there were more doctors with this level of empathy, we are so lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

He has been my family doctor for about 2 years now (in Carp). I am recently pregnant, so I see him more often now. Great service everytime! He really seems to care about his patients. He takes the time to listen and answer your needs.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I saw Dr Stecher a few weeks ago when I went to an urgent care clinic at my family doctor. As I waited in the room, in tears from the pain I was having, he walked by and noticed that I was not ok. He stopped what he was doing and turned his attention to me. When I explained my symptoms to him, he seemed very concerned and started his exam. Immediately I knew that whatever was going on was a lot more serious than I was expecting. He told me that he could tell that there was too much pressure on my brain and that he would be sending me to the nearest hospital immediately. He also mentioned that it could be a condition called Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension. After spending 3 days in the hospital and working with a team of neurologists, I was diagnosed with IIH. I was amazed that my first time seeing Dr Stecher, he was able to recognize a condition so rare and took my concerns seriously! He is a great doctor and followed up with me personally the next time I was in the office!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

Dr Stecher is my family doctor in his Ottawa practice. I am so grateful to have found him - he is the first doctor I've seen that takes time to listen and ask the right questions. Thanks Dr Stecher!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Excellent doctor who listens to what is wrong with you and asks many questions to properly diagnose your problem. Will definitely return to see him. Great doctor

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

He is a very caring doctore. He made me feel like the most important patient and that made me feel very comfortable. He has this amazing ability to connect personally with patients and that's wonderful. This is the first time I search about a doctor and consider rating, and this means that I'm totally impressed by him. Good luck Doc

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Great Doctor, great bedside manner, highly highly educated and smart

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

Has been our family doc since he came to Dauphin.Saw my husband through a heart attack & a stroke.Very caring doctor & we will really miss him. Wish he & his family all the best in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

A great doctor. Caring, thorough, and knowledgeable. I hear he's leaving Dauphin, and so we'll be without him. That's a real shame.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010