Ratings for Dr. Jay C. Tyroler

Patient of 20 plus years. Excellent doctor. Internist is great listener and despite negative comments DOES TAKE TIME TO LISTEN. If staff is rude, tell them politely to their face. I don't allow them to be rude or rush me and I go their because Jay Tyroler is the most competent Internist in the Wasgington area.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

This practice makes a mockery of patient care. The staff is rude and incompetent--how can so many people do so little? Absolutely no concern about patients, as if patient care isn't the core of their jobs. The practice relies on voice mail, but staff often does not return them. Office closed from 12-2 for lunch, but still get the lunch message at 2:15, 2:30, etc. Doctors are late for the first appointment of the day! Doctors are competent, but they are operating on an assembly line, pushing you through as fast as possible. This is a practice too full of itself to care about its patients. Ultimately, the doctors have to take responsibility for the terrible staff. The specialist who referred me years ago has apologized as the reputation of this practice has deteriorated. Privia seems to be an obstacle to good care and a fig leaf for the practice to hide behind. I would like to see a response in the forum from the doctor himself instead of some front company he's hired to carry his responsibility to his patients, that's assuming there is enough courage and accountability to post this comment.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Rude, incompetent staff. Lots of them. Extremely long wait to get in to see a doctor. Unless you slow them down, the doctor will rush through the exam. Lack of on-site ability to take blood samples means scheduling an extra lab appointment at another facility. The practice has proven incapable of interacting with mail order pharmacies. I have to get directly involved and broker the contact, and it is always the fault of the Tyroler practice, not the online pharmacy. Finally, I find the extreme degree of marketing offensive. Does Tyroler have some sort of inferiority complex? Hire a competent staff, insist they treat your patients with respect and efficiency, and treat your patients like people and not products and the name recognition will take care of itself.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Jay C. Tyroler

Dr. Jay C. Tyroler's response
We’re sorry to hear about your frustration with Jay C. Tyroler, MD PC. Thank you for your feedback, we take your comments seriously so we can continue to work with the staff on improving patient experience. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further with someone from the Privia staff, please contact our Performance Support Manager at 1-888-774-8428. Sincerely, Privia Medical Group on behalf of Jay C. Tyroler, MD PC

Submitted August 17, 2015

As a patient of Dr. Jay Tyroler for the past 18 years---- I can say that no other single physician of Internal Medicine in the entire Metro. Area compares. He by far exceeds the professionalism & compassionate care & takes extra time to really listen & help each & every patient. Though I've seen much of the staff as transitional over the years, the office manager that appears rude holds the place together & I confront with a stern smile & demand the best because the doctor is exceptionally outstanding. When no other doctor would listen to me several years ago, complaining of exhaustion, Tyroler insisted on extra blood tests & escorted me to the hospital himself - - virtually SAVING MY LIFE.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

The nurse that I interacted with during a visit to see Dr.Tyroler was rude and unprofessional. I complained about her behavior to the doctor but it was dismissed. That lead me to believe that treatment towards patients from the staff was not a concern. The office is disorganized and not easy to deal with.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Do not go to this practice- they are unreasonable

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Great internist!!! Love all the doctors in this practice! Very professional and kind!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I and my wife have been going to them for over 10 years. My wife was ill ,three doctors could not find out why. Dr Yosaitis diagnosed in two weeks my wife had Graves disease and Lymes disease. This Feb. my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctor with the radiologist (6 months ago there was a spot on one breast)come back in 6 months. Dr.Yosaitis has taken care of my wife, cancer free now. If you go to the doctor and they are on time ,they spend a little time with you. Any patient that complains about the staff is an idiot. I don't go to my doctor to be treated by the office staff. I GO TO GET THE BEST HEALTH CARE AROUND. Dr. Tyroler's office doctors are the best

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I ran low on meds and went to the pharmacy for refills. They contacted Tyroler's office 3 times over approx. 10 days with no response. I called the office twice and sent two faxes with no response. My blood pressure medication was out so I was forced to find another doctor on short notice. I don't know if it is him or his staff and don't care. Staff is very difficult to deal with and he seems oblivious. Stay clear.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Dr. Tyroler is an excellnt Dr. Excellent in his field, always listens and genuinely cares. However, his staff is rude, obnoxious, and without manners. They argue with you on the phone when you try to express something and treat you as if they are doing you a favor by speaking to you, especially the office manager. Dr. Tyroler you need a new staff, you use to have a great office but not anymore. Will leave this Dr. due to his rude staff.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Dr. Jay C. Tyroler's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1985)

AHC