Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Kesty

I attended Dr Kesty’s office this week with a parent. I read the reviews prior to attending and was very skeptical. Upon arrival, the waiting room was full. We were advised that the appt would take 1.5 hours. We got in on time and were finished a bit less than the 1.5 hours. I was very impressed with the process and the staff, who took the time to explain the process. Dr. Kesty is very knowledgeable and put my parent to ease, by explaining and also giving them options & the ultimate decision making. For those making negative comments, please remember that this Doctor provides a specialty service & can be called away on emergencies at any given time. Corinna was super! Thank you, Dr Kesty & staff!!!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

My eyes are so much worse because of this man. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Dr Kesty referred me immediately for further assistance. He is a helpful,caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

Excellent - he saved my eyesight. What more can anyone ask for. One sees him for help and not a social visit. The staff are attentive and busy and first class at their work. I recommend the practice to anyone in need. This is a busy place, so expect to wait your turn.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

This blowhard is a general opthalmologist in North Bay, Ontario who is not qualified to do the work that he is doing and he is cheating people out of millions of dollars. He likes to take advantage of patients. This is what it says on their office door word for word. I've never seen a more unprofessional office: List of Fees Uninsured Services - All uninsured services are voluntary and not purchasing uninsured services has no impact on access to insured services. Any previous eye problems or surgery may make the testing more involved. Costs per eye for refractive evaluation. Refractive evaluation for precise lens power : A new lens with a power between 2 and 38 will be implanted in your eye. Laser Interferometry IOL Master measurements can be done to very accurately assess the correct focusing power of the lens that will be implanted. $200 and up for this refractive evaluation. Refractive evaluation for eyes with astigmatism. If you have ASTIGMATISM you may be able to have the most reliable way of reducing astigmatism, which is the TORIC INTRAOCULAR LENS. The patients who are able to have a TORIC lens placed may have the best vision quality and you can ask for this refractive evaluation. During this evaluation we will measure the amount of astigmatism, the axis of astigmatism, and make sure that you have no corneal irregularity. Then we will decide if your astigmatism is of the type that can be corrected either partially or more fully. Also we will decide if you need astigmatism surgery. $1100 Refractive evaluation for multifocal lens. If you wish to be able to possibly function without glasses with good vision for distance and near, ask for the refractive evaluation for a multifocal lens. We will decide if you are possibly a candidate and decide the type of multifocal lens that would be best for you. $2400 20/20 vision is not guaranteed and glasses may be required. Rings around lights are normal after surgery and more surgery may be required. Every surgery has risks including infection and loss. In rare cases the intraocular lens needs to be replaced. Corneal Topography may be done if requested by your referring doctor or if there are issues with the cornea which need to be evaluated for possible refractive surgery or if you have had refractive surgery. $200 and up. HRT Heidelberg Retinal Tomography . Your referring doctor may have requested that we do this test to evaluate your optic nerve or retina, or there may an issue with the optic nerve or retina that may be better delineated by this test. This is a standard test for glaucoma. $150

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I read the reviews of Dr.. Kesty prior to my first visit. The reason being was I didn’t know him or anything about him! After reading them I was a tad leary but I am also the type that forms my own opinion and so happy I waited to do so! Yes, he is very much to the point BUT I realized there were many waiting their turn to see him ! I also felt he isn’t there to make new friends as I am sure he has many already ! Also if he chit chatted with each one of us many would not get in to see him at all! He told me what the issues were with my eyes , did a Laser Iridotomy in both eyes and scheduled cataract surgery the next week! I asked a couple questions and they were answered quickly which was fine by me! I like facts not a sugar coated story! Yes ,the doors were open but I didn’t mind! I saw this man walking back and forth between rooms constantly! Opening and closing doors would have been a pain in the ass! I was also having my eyes tested not having a vaginal exam ! Everyone else there was doing the same as I ! The staff was very cordial and helpful and I left his office feeling I was in safe and reliable hands ! I spoke to many and I have heard nothing but kindness about Dr Kesty. The O.R. Staff thought the world of him. I asked because I couldn’t understand the poor reviews! I come out of this with great respect for Dr.Kesty. He was professional and I trusted him immensely! My eyes are of great value to me as they are to him! That’s his job (career) first and foremost! To make sure he does what ever he can to restore or repair any damages he can ! If he doesn’t make you giggle with joy or doesn’t chat much the world has not come to an end! Just remember it’s about your eyes and not making best friends for life! I would recommend him to anyone who asks!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Although we entered and were treated with the utmost of care and respect by the female staff it all ended when he entered the room. He left the door open, did not wash his hands before he prodded around both eye, said it was too far gone and left the room. On the second visit the same occurred, but then humphed when there was improvement and left the room while we were asking questions and did not give instructions on the medication or that he wanted another appointment. It was only after I called to determine the new dosage of medicine that the receptionist told us of the next appointment. He is brash, rude, with very poor hygiene for a doctor who is caring (hmm wrong word) for several patients in a row. He doesn't close the door and makes statements about your personal health for all to hear. He is terribly unprofessional with questionable practices. I worry about all under his 'care'...because he doesn't and he weakens my belief that he knows what he is doing. I strongly believe he needs to be reviewed by the board.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

I was in to see Dr.Kesty as I have an issue with my eyelashes - he was wonderful & explained to me exactly what was going on & is going to do a little surgery to re-attach my tendon. When he first mentioned it I was terrified but he explained everything & I am still nervous I won't lie but he was so wonderful so at least I am not terrified any longer! Yes the wait times are crazy but you have to realize that you need to get drops that take time to work so they might as well get the line ups going for drops then once the drops have kicked in they get you in - so when you consider that, the wait time isn't really that bad. What needs to be done it tell all the drivers to please wait in the car so that the patients can have a seat - then it wouldn't look so bad when you walk in!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Their receptionist/supervisor is completely unprofessional and I would absolutely not recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

the worst. what kind of expert is he when he misdiagnoses? this is your eyesight people, go elsewhere - take a shuttle. a bus. anything to get away from north bay and its lack of care, help and services.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017