Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Kesty

the worst. what kind of expert is he when he misdiagnoses? this is your eyesight people, go elsewhere - take a shuttle. a bus. anything to get away from north bay and its lack of care, help and services.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I had an appointment at 3:00, waited in a room of at least three dozen people (in an office shared between three opthalmologists), and did not see Dr. Kesty until 6:30. As a 20 year old woman with ~60% vision loss in each eye (as confirmed by 3 sets of field tests by an optometrist), his assistants/technicians performed a few tests, and when I finally saw him he denied that I have any eye problems. He refused to refer me to another specialist, and acted like I was crazy when I questioned his lack of either a diagnosis or a referral. On top of this, the manners of both Dr. Kesty and his assistants/technicians were atrocious. He left his office door open while talking to me, despite half a dozen other patients sitting right outside. Poked and prodded my eyes with various instruments without warning. Overall an horrible experience. I will be heading to Toronto for my next appointment, as Dr. Kesty clearly either doesn't know what he's doing, or doesn't care about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

went to to have consult for cateract, was measured and told $300.00 for left eye as eye is too damaged to have visual repair.. then wants to charge for two eues $600.00 ? only left eye to be lensed? also was told at final step - for additional $1100.00 i could have little vision restored?, and for $1400.00 i could have mush more improved vission? RE STATED THAT IMPOSSIBLE RE MY EYE CONDITION? was told only $300.00 . one week later an invoice saying i must pay for two eyes total $600,00 ??????? thia is wrong wrong wrong!! this doctor also told me that all my attempts at rulong out neck pain and dizziness were result of my eyes??!!! he does not know my medical history and jumps at the conclusion in five minutes of meeting me??? all signals are pointing for me to run run run this guy is full of hunger for money and his holidays to forien countries, money IS his goal!!!!:( :(

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Always get multiple opinions from Toronto or the United States before getting any kind of procedure done at this office. He does alot of unnecessary work on people and then bills the government for it. Poor record keeping for a supposed professional.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

My rating of Dr Kesty's services was strongly effected by a very rude and disrespectful receptionist that would not acknowledge my presence at the window to report in for my appointment. She went on to ignore me when I asked her a question and she processed my information and continued to ignore me.

Submitted September 8, 2016

I saw Dr Kesty twice. The first time he said "It might be a tumor" and walked out of the room and left me sitting there for 45 minutes thinking I had a tumor. The same visit he asked me " how much cocaine do you do?". When he clearly knows that I don't use cocaine. He knows I worked at the hospital and even would see me at the gym, and he knows my family. The 2nd time I saw him for an eye infection. When he was done seeing me he went out in the hallway (was seeing him at the hospital clinic) and he announced to everyone in the hallway that I had an eye infection. He told the cleaning lady "clean this whole hallways, every chair, everything she touches, she is contagious!". So, there goes my patient confidentiality. I left the office almost in tears, and everyone was staring at me like I had leprosy. I was so close to filing a complaint against him with either the Royal College or CPSO. Thank god I moved away from North Bay, and wont have to deal with this unprofessional, inconsiderate, incompetent "Dr" ever again. I feel bad for the people in North Bay who have to deal with him. His license should be revoked! If you have a choice, dont bother with this "DR". I would rather drive an hour or 2 to go see a real, professional, confidential Dr. Go elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

One experience is all it takes to make you wish you went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Yes Comrade, you and the good doctor would be much better understood in our great country of Russia! Do svidaniya!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Granted I wasn't diagnosed with anything serious - I had a cyst on my eye that needed to be removed - I found Ken to be high on skill and low on the annoying small-talk. This is right up my alley. When you have dozens of patients to bang through on a daily basis there isn't a lot of time for listening incessant lamenting about your woeful issues. There's time to get in, get your sh** fixed up and get the hell out of his way. This guy is an artist on the blade,. My local optometrist commented on the clean incisions and wonderful stiching once I was healed up. Does he put up with nonsense? No. I asked him a few straightforward questions which he presented accurate answers to and then we both moved on with the surgery and our lives. Would it be nice if he took a bit more time to ensure that all patients were as comfortable as possible? sure, I suppose. In the end all that matters is that a surgery is done accurately and successfully. I mean let's be honest here. Are you looking for a doctor that spent equal parts studying and equal parts "socializing" with his peers to get that unique 50/50 split of skill and bedside manner? Or do you want a laser-guided precision surgery machine put on this earth for cutting and suturing eyes? If you're looking for a BFF pick another surgeon. If you want the surgery machine you've come to the right place. Oh and his staff were very approachable so get them to powder your bottom after you're feeling insecure from him looking at you like a moron (which you probably are).

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Wow, this guy is a real di**head. Asks my father questions about his symptoms then disagrees with the answers. Talks over my dad's head, gossiping about other patients to his colleague while examining my dad. Continued his gossip & poor bedside manners during my dad's surgery. Gave me completely contradictory after care information and prescribed the wrong medication for my father. This guy is rude and arrogant as well. Cold as ice and demeaning. Couldn't help notice the herd of people lined up for similar surgeries. If you absolutely need this guy then get it done and over with but think long and hard if he keeps finding rea sons for you to come back. Second opinion never hurts. Too much about the money is what my gut tells me with this guy.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015