Ratings for Dr. Richard Buckley

Thoroughly impressed!!!! I had smashed my left foot after a granite table fell off a dolly onto my foot. I had surgery where three screws were put in. After a year and a half, the screws broke or worked themselves out leaving me with an unstable foot. On Sept long weekend, 2018, the foot gave out and consequently resulted in breaking both tibia and fibula. Dr. Buckley did both surgeries and today, one month later, it feels so rock solid that I could walk on it (but I have been told not to do any weight bearing so I am not). Wish I had him for the first surgery!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

I unfortunately was referred through FMC and the WCB process. Dr Buckley was dismissive, and just plain rude. He did not listen to my concerns, I don't even think he looked at my Xrays. He treated "the WCB regs". I had no soft tissue investigation . Well 5 months later, after refusing to work with him or CBI clinic, I have had surgery to repair a fracture that never "knitted" or healed, ligament and tendon damage that was never investigated. I have been in constant pain, dismissed by Dr. Buckley , made to feel like a derelect. CBI pysiotherapist told me the pain "was all in my head" The orthopedic suregon who performed the procedure stated that the surgical intervention and investigations were 5 months overdue. % months of chronic constant pain that has personally and professionally, not to mention financially has caused hardship to myself and my family. Shame, TREAT THE PATIENT, not your preconcieved notions!

Submitted January 30, 2018

20 years after rebuilding my wrist using bone from my hip three pins and an external fixation device my wrist is still as good as new. Range of motion is 90% mainly because it's my left I don't use it as much as my right. Job well done.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr.Buckley fixed up my wrist which had been broken in 3 places back in 2014. He did such a wonderful job that it's like it was never broken. Thanks!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr Buckley is very strait to the point. He is not touchy-feely, and won't fix your problem with gentle hugs and feel-good conversation. That's not his job - he is there to put the pieces back together. It is obvious to me he knows what he is doing, and with that, I'd much rather have a pro do the technical work as a trade-off for gentle bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

After hip surgery and leaving me in pain for over a year, my own family doctor told me he was so disappointed with Buckley, that he will never ever refer a patient to him.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Dr. Buckley reconstructed my badly broken femur after 6.5 years of walking on a broken leg. He lengthened, straightened, grafted, plated & screwed a femur every other Doc told me was the best I was going to get. I was hot head on Nya drunk driver when my son was only 13 months old & thanks to Dr. Buckley when my son was 8 I was for the first time able to ride a bike with him! Thank you Dr.Buckley thank you for giving me a chance at life!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Buckley has worked his magic on two of my daughters in the last 12 months. The first dislocated/broke her wrist last summer playing soccer, and the second is currently in hospital having suffered a horrific boating accident in which she lost part of her leg. I cannot imagine how difficult a job it is for a surgeon to have to deal with such terrible injuries, but Dr. Buckley was amazing throughout the process. I knew God was looking out for my young girl when I found out Dr. B was going to be her Dr. this last weekend - he has made the very best decisions for my girls and I am so thankful that he was there... Couldn't ask for a better Surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I would love to post a picture of my bilateral calcaneal implants - which, who knew even existed? This gentleman is an amazing surgeon. He did tell me I would never 'walk like a model' - but I didn't before this bad accident shattering my heels :) I really need to thank this man. What an amazing surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I got into a bad bicycle accident on a highway and was rushed to the hospital by the Stars Air Ambulance on June 29, 2013. I don't remember the accident or the surgery or any of the month of July. What I do know is that Dr. Buckley later saw me for multiple shoulder fractures from the same accident. He showed me a x-ray of the repair he had done on my hip. He did a really nice job of fixing my femur which was broken up to the pelvic joint. After a year I can now walk without a limp. He was kind enough to refer me to a shoulder orthopedic surgeon of my request. He also saw me with a relatively short period of waiting time for my many shoulder fractures. He was not rude at all, and I greatly appreciate the repair he did. I also appreciate him seeing me primarily to refer me to another surgeon. I recommend him for his promptness, helpfulness, and the quality surgical work he did.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014