Ratings for Dr. Alan A. Axelson

Took my son there and diagnosed him with ADHD within 10 minutes of meeting him put him on medication. The following visits he had his back to us and barely turned from his computer to look at my son. We continued to struggle and years later found out from another psychiatrist that my son actually has borderline personality disorder which is quite severe. Axelson couldn't have been more wrong.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I was reluctant to make an appointment with a psychiatrist, but I am glad that I made one and became Dr. Axelson's patient. He's a great psychiatrist who listens to a patients problems, but I'm most impressed with his medical skills (neuro and internal med). Dr. Axelson has made a positive impact on my life because he is a skilled medical doctor who is also a great psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

I had a bad experience with Dr Alan Axelson. Seemed that he was just trying to waste time until the appointment was over. Bill for 50 minutes and be done. Don't trust him. Thats my two cents...

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

I recently saw Dr. Axelson for the first time and found him to be very professional and and easy to talk to (not all psychiatrists are, go figure). His staff is friendly and communicating with the providers is easy (they actually return phone calls). I didn't like self-referring myself to a psychiatrist, but it was a good thing that I did. And he treated me well and didn't make me feel like an idiot.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Dr. Alan A. Axelson's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1966)