Ratings for Dr. B. Kunimoto

The rudest doctor and most condescending one I have had the displeasure of undressing for. Well, lets see, in my memory I've never been told to undress in front of a Dr in this way with no offer of a gown or sheet. He did not avert his gaze, he just sat watching and smirking! I was horrified. Steroidal cream prescribed for my rash with no helpful information or apparent interest in determining what the root cause may be. This was a humiliating experience and waste of time in terms of getting help for my skin condition. I will not return. I'm going to a naturopath.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Kunimoto was not very helpful and was not open to opinions from other excellent Dermatologists.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I was worried after reading the reviews, but the staff were very friendly, my appointment was right on time and Dr. Kunimoto was very informative and knowledgeable. He was straight and to the point about moles, melanomas, risks and skin/mole checks.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Very rude and condescending . Not helpful at all.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I approached his room, my face and neck were not telling of eczema any more, however his prescribed cream and worsened my condition all over my body. After thinking that i was better he praises himself to his assistant of how he has a different genius approach to treating eczema. Once it turns out i was not better, in fact worse, he says how his cream doesnt make it worse and passive-aggressively tries to pin my the condition of my skin on me. Basically giving up on me, he sends me off to see UV treatment in 2 months....

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

This doctor only helps if its a logical condition. I waited for months to see him, waited 45min to get in and had a 5min apt because my condition wasn't logical. Many individuals have medical conditions that are not the norm so when you get a referral to someone like this that wont look outside of the box you become very discouraged with the medical system. This Dr. basically told me it was all in my head instead of being interested to find out what is going on. My friends that see me everyday have witnessed my medical issue. Hopefully all of you that go to him have a logical condition because if not he will suggest you are nuts.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I went after years of contemplating if i should go. But I was becoming very self conscious about my skin. I didn't have acne but i had a lot of scarring . First visit he was attentive and told me that laser therapy wouldn't work that its seasonal... he gave me a cream to put on my face. And once i did with in a week i had a tiny bumps all over my face. I discontinued using the cream as i have had bad reactions to some face creams in the past and didnt want to make the scarring worse. When i went into my follow up appointment. he basically told me that hes smarter than me and he knows what he prescribed me. Unfortunately its my face, and the last thing i want to do is make it worse. And ive noticed the things that happened to it over the past years and ive never seen that reaction in my skin and i was genuinely concerned. He didnt seem to care and said he wouldn't prescribe me anything else. After waiting an hour and half (no exaggeration) in the waiting room i got to see him for 5 minutes for him to not even look at my skin or take my concerns into consideration. He knew i was visible upset and did not change his tone of voice or attitude. I understand as a doctor he may have a lot of knowledge, and i unfortunately may not - but as a doctor he should be more informative and not just tell me to slap what ever he says onto my face.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I was in for an annual skin checkup for melanoma (a family member passed away from this). When there I mentioned that I had many, many tiny skin tags crop up in the previous few months. I tried to read what I could about possible causes, one of which was uncontrolled diabetes, something I've been struggling with. He said to fix things at the source, then went on a long ramble about today's society eating so much meat (no reference to me). On & on about vegetarianism, greenhouse gases - WTH? I asked about the tag removal as well as some keratoses treatment. He brushed me off. I need to find a dermatologist for my son's psoriasis, but I sure won't be seeing this doctor again.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr. Kunimoto is an awesome doctor. Very personable and knowledgable. I found him very caring and considerate of my concerns. He did my procedure excellent. I would highly recommend him. I just wanted to say I have been seeing him for years, he has not changed his demeanour since day one. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Rude, arrogant, condescending, deemed a growth that tears painfully and bleeds through my clothing "cosmetic," so that he could charge me privately for removal. Essentially told me I was a vain woman who shouldn't expect any better from life. Was smirky and obstructive when I asked him to close the blinds while I took off my clothes. Only closed them part way, with great eye rolling and the recalcitrance of a sulky child. He sat there while I undressed; no move to leave me to put on a gown. Said, "They'd have to be in a helicopter to see you," when his exam room is in full view of a busy street and the building across the way. I don't know how this unprofessional man has continued working. Seriously considering lodging a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons. Staff was weird, as well. I came from another town. When I called to ask for directions, receptionist said, "I don't have time to help you. I have to work." Should've been my signal to cancel.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013