Ratings for Dr. Jeremy Wood

Dr. Wood repaired my aortic aneurysm with an aortic root and valve replacement January 17, 2017. I am key west, FLA with my girlfriend ( February 22,2018) and I feel like I am 20 years old ( I am 42)! My condition is continually improving and I am back to the gym 3-5 times per week. He saved my life and am very greatful for his skill and knowledge to repair my condition. Thank you Dr. Wood and staff member of the CVICU/IMCU!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

23th March, 2015 Dr. Wood performed 5CBGs and at the same time severed my left Phrenic nerve. Dr. Wood said that he didn't think that it would have any consequences. My heart appears to be fine, but I've had problems with severe congestion of throat and nose, and difficulty breathing since then. It's almost three years now and my problems are getting worse rather than better. One line of investigation on my part into what is actually going on, has led me to understand that because of the paralysis and elevation of my diaphragm on the left, the left lung has only got half, or less, the space it requires to function properly. I understand that after three years the phrenic nerve will not regenerate or repair, and I will continue to have these symptoms and possibly worse, with the probability of it leading to pneumonia at some point. Investigation tells me that an operation could be performed, to sew down the elevated paralyzed part of the diaphragm, enabling the left lung to expand and perhaps my breathing would normalize, and if the lung can function as it's supposed to, then perhaps the 'congestion' in my throat and nose would improve. After this experience, I would certainly hesitate to have any further dealings with surgeons, and especially Dr. Wood. After this surgery, the visits to his office were a nightmare, with all his patients being booked seemingly at the same time. Regardless of the time you were given for an appointment, you'd still have to wait about 4 hours to get to see him. So many post-operative people sitting around for hours in a crowded waiting room. I was not impressed with Dr. Wood. His nurse was very nice though.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I'm so happy that my dad has him for a specialist.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Great doctor! Unrushed, took time to explain everything, very personable!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Very personable and easy to talk to. Takes the time to ensure you fully understand your condition and the implications.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Am alive because of Dr. Wood & His TEAM. Thanks really doesn't seem enough.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I was very impressed with Dr.Wood. He took the time to explain everything .His nurse was very helpfuland the receptionist were very pleasant.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

April 18th, it will be 3yrs. since Dr.Jeremy Wood(JW) performed my left posterior thorocotomy (I was 40). I am able to write this review and raise my 13 yr old daughter with my husband because of his skill and dedication he is incredible and a great embassador to his profession and his Hospital!!! Words cannot express the trust and confidence my family and I have in him-the 2nd part of my surgery is coming within the next 10 mos. or so if it wasn't going to be Dr.Wood on the other end of that scalpel I might be afraid. I Thank God for giving him the skills he has and for Dr.Wood being gracious enough to share them with someone like me!!!! Cathy Campbell (CC), Cape Breton,NS.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

His my Dads dr, who has saved him a few times.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

9 years after double bypass and artery in neck cleared,hubby is still as good as new...100 percent blood flow..

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013