Ratings for Dr. Mark R. Brody

Dr. Brody is both a psychiatrist and a homeopathic practitioner. I was under his care for over a year in an effort to find a homeopathic solution to several chronic problems and to discontinue taking a prescription medicine. My initial and ongoing impression was that he was a kind, patient, well-intentioned physician. But his homeopathic practice is a disaster. Homeopathy is a precise science. Contrary to popular opinion, It is not an entirely benign method of treatment, and the wrong remedy can do great harm. Dr. Brody not only prescribed more than a dozen different remedies for me in that time span (because he was unable to determine which one I needed), he also dosed me incorrectly (directing me to take an LM strength solution directly from the stock bottle, without diluting it), which may have triggered a serious chronic condition with which I am still struggling. He also uses so-called nosodes -- remedies made from pathological specimens -- which are controversial both within and outside of the homeopathic community. Since discontinuing treatment with him, I did some research and have found another practitioner who is classically trained in the Hahnemann tradition, has prescribed an appropriate remedy and potency, and has dosed me properly. But I may never recover my health fully. Dr. Brody may be a competent psychiatrist in the allopathic tradition -- I can't comment on that aspect of his practice -- but I strongly urge any prospective patients who are interested in homeopathic treatment to steer clear.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Brody really works hard on behalf of his patients. I had some very complicated health issues and he met with me for nearly two hours on my first visit. He was thoughtful and attentive and answered all my questions. I would recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

My family and I have been going to Dr. Brody for about two years and have had good results with homeopathy.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

Dr Brody was Great. For the first time in medicine I can use the word "feel cured". I would recommend him to all.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

Ditto to the above comments. The first thing to look for in a psychoatrist is to see if phone calls are returned

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

This doctor is a homeopath & MD and treats any number of conditions. I saw him for several years. He never double books & appointments are on the dot. He will spend more time with you than any other MD. He is caring; however he is not always attentive. He did not have office staff & at times calls can go unreturned for days. I often had to leave 2 messages over the course of a week to get a call back. I had one medical problem that was correctly diagnosed but not appropriately treated. As a result it took me far longer to recover from my illness than necessary. I eventually took my health into my own hands, did the research and realized that I would have to find another doctor. Lastly He gets defensive when questioned, sometimes forgets to send scripts when he said he would and get defensive about that as well. I do believe this doctor has a lot of knowledge he just doesn't (seem) to put it to good use all the time (most of the time).

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Mark R. Brody's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1986)

UPMC