Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Singleton

I think she's great! I've been seeing her for 20 years (max twice a year) and I've never experienced any of the problems these others speak about.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Zero bed-side manner. Deals with patients as quickly as possible and moves on to the next. I expect a GP to take the time to address the current issue(s) and any other concerns as to get a full scope of her patients needs. Taking over a month to get an appointment is completely unacceptable.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Singleton's for 22 years. She has been very helpful to me and my family and I trust her judgement. I agree with the other poasters with regards to the staff. There will never be another Erin who worked for Dr Singleton years ago. She was amazing!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Singleton for over 20 years and the service from her and her staff has declined. She was once considered an excellent Dr. with a satisfactory bedside manner. Calling for an appointment and dealing with the unprofessional front desk staff recently has been very difficult; in past years the front staff were some of the best in the city. The front staff are also inconsistent; some of the staff are kind and welcoming while others seem irritated and seem upset. In addition, Dr. Singleton does not spend the time I need when visiting. She does not seem to be listening attentively. Perhaps this is a case of a Dr. being overworked however health care professionals are still accountable for the service they provide. This has created issues when dealing with serious health concerns. I try to ask important questions however the answers are dismissive and at times border on being patronizing. My partner has serious issues with mental health and feels unsupported when initiating a discussion in regards to time off of work to change medication. He has had better success with a very knowledgable and supportive psychologist. I have been looking for a new Dr. however the shortage of Dr.s in the HRM is staggering. Will continue to work through these issues the best I can. If you are looking for a new Dr. it is an absolute no. If you are having similar difficulties then I posted this to validate that you are not alone.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

So I had another memorable and all too brief appointment with Dr. Singleton. Everyone that I have spoken to has said to speak with your practioner with your medical concerns, yet there is little conversation when she writes a script and leaves the office. I have concerns and questions regarding my failing health but she has no time. She is a judgmental, condescending pill pusher with little regard to the fears I may have. And since no other doctors are accepting new patients I am stuck with this cold insensitive individual. I have read past entries and have also experienced her lack of availability. Had I known years ago of her unprofessionalism, I would have looked elsewhere. If anyone who has since found another capable doctor, please let me know!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

the staff at the Atlantic Medical Clinic are rude and uncaring. I wish there was an online way to book time with the Dr without having to go through the front desk.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Singleton for years and I will not be seeing her anymore. She knows her stuff but is almost never available. Probably 7 out of every 10 times I call to make an appointment she is on vacation, she is semi-retired. this is extremely irresponsible and unprofessional as your patients rely on you to actually BE present. In addition to this when she actually is in the office she rushes you in and out as soon as possible. It is clear that the health of her patients is not at all her concern. Quick frankly a waste of time.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Singleton for close to twenty years. I experience her as personable and professional. She communicates better with adults but is always kind to my children. The administrative staff are rude. There is no candy coating it. When Erin was there she was always kind as well as busy. They need training in compassion while working with people in poor health. My recommendation is fix what is broken.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Won't even take a phone call. Very disappointing. Trust your health to someone else.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

It's hit and miss with her. Wait time's ok, staff is very rushed but not particularly unfriendly, Dr. K usually answers my concerns, knows what she's talking about and gets things done but as a child I was terrified of her because she wasn't compassionate or patient with me. As an adult, she seems more friendly but is way too rushed. I also once asked her about a vaccine and she gave me false information about it.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010