Ratings for Dr. Terry McAllister

My teenage daughter was referred to him for some pain that we thought was sports related. This is a first impression review only as we only saw him that once. I gave him a high rating based on the options available and based on his profession. On a personable level the best word i can come up with is questionable. Yes he did have a sense of humor but i found it borderline of unacceptable sometimes. He is a bit arrogant or pompous but that could be how he demonstrates his knowledge? But my main issue, being a female and having him examine my young daughter, was the fact that he had a Sports Illustrated swim suit calendar on his desk at the time. To me this screamed unprofessional and made us feel uncomfortable. Then when he asked my daughter to turn around and bend down in front of him, well lets just say that it left a lasting impression. I'm sure he is a good doctor and I could just be a paranoid overprotective mom. And the bend down test was probably part of his assessment, but definitely an uncomfortable one for both of us. Based on his knowledge, his ability to explain things and a seemingly overall concern for his patients I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

He is in Whitby Ontario and have heard nothing but good about him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I found Dr. McAllister to be very dismissive and not very professional. I went to see him with what my Doctor has said was a torn ACL and meniscus in my right knee. He did not agree with the diagnosis and said that even if it is torn I don't need my ACL because I don't play any sports. He may know his stuff, but when a doctor is so pompous and hard to talk to, it makes it difficult to have any confidence in what they say.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I visited Dr. McAllister the beginning of march. And I have to say it was the worst experience that I have ever had with a doctor. I was with my husband waiting for him to come into our room and could see everythng as the door was open. He spent maybe two seconds looking at my disc at he computer right outside my room. Then as he was entering the room he was bitching at his associate about having to use the nurses computer to view this and that was hard to see. He proceeded to tell my that the large bakers cyst that i have on the back of my need is nothing and doesnt cause pain or anything and insisted that I did something to aggravate my knee. He proceeded to tell my to take pain meds and really did nothing. He was very dismissive and I did not explain anything to why i am unable to function properly. I have many people in the medical field and have suggesting get another option. I now have another surgeon that is doing what he should have done. I would not recommend him to anyone. Very poor bedside manners.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I will never recommend him to any one, my first and last visit to him. He never explained any thing to me about my xray and ultrasound which shown on his computer and never examined my knees at all. Just suggest taking pain pill or have a needle later in other words, deal with it. My lupus Dr sent me for a Mri and results show abnormal and my family Dr is sending me to see another knee dr. He waste my time and taxpayers money!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Great Surgeon. Great person. He took on my mangled knee when no other surgeon from Fort Frances to Winnipeg would. He did an amazing repair and reconstruction.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. Terry McAllister is a great Surgeon who performed surgery on my left ankle on 20MAY2016 to remove hardware installed in 1998 that was coming in the way of myself using snow boots during winter.My surgery has been successful and with in two weeks I am able to stand and walk normally.He has gone out of way to assure me by explaining surgical process details prior to surgery.I am grateful to Dr. Terry McAllister for restoring my left ankle to full strength.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr McAllister is no longer practicing in Sault Ste Marie, a devastating loss to this city! :(

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Trying to get my two year check up his telephone number is not in service, all the listing I could find list the number I cam trying to call.. does anyone know if he is still in the Soo or has he left.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

tried to get in to see him and he is on time off or leave of absence :( and not taking new patients as of April 2015 -rating him unknown but heard he was great

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015