Ratings for Dr. Ranae L. Yockey

This woman is a witch. She is rude and abrasive. I wouldn't recommend her to an enemy.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

I went to Dr. Yockey for many years. She told me she was the best doctor for treating my disease and I believed her, even though I was in a lot of pain. She performed what she told me was a successful surgery. She was frequently rude to me and very difficult to get in to see, but she kept telling me how she was an endometriosis expert, so I stuck with her. After not being able to deal with this dysfunctional office and rude doctor, I went to see a true endometriosis expert. He quickly confirmed that the surgery she did was not well done. I had him perform a successful surgery and finally have relief. I only wish I would have left her sooner. I don't care that she wasn't an expert. I'm very upset that I was lied to and given low-quality care for many years.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Yockey for 4 years and am now looking for a new doctor. Dr. Yockey is a great doctor and knows a lot. She was the only doctor who could diagnose me with my problems. However, her knowledge and skills do not outweigh all the negatives. She is very moody and abrasive. There are times when she is very nice, and other times when she is extremely rude. People are shocked when I tell them the types of comments she makes towards me. The office is very poorly run. If you want to see Dr. Yockey, you need to book your appt 2-3 months ahead of time, regardless of whether or not you have an emergency problem. The p.a. and nurse practitioner are very nice, but have limited knowledge. Unfortunately, when you do have a problem, the nurses are the ones who take all the messages and respond to them. They often are incorrect and difficult to communicate with. I've found it very difficult to actually get a message to a p.a., and impossible to get a message to Dr. Yockey. It is unfortunate, because I believe Dr. Yockey is a very good doctor. She needs to run the practice better, and also work on her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

After 4 years (I am looking for a new ob/gyne), she has NEVER been on time for an appt. I have booked appts 2months in advance, taken days off work specifically for my appt and then at the last minute told that she is unable to see me-for whatever reason and asked to reschedule. I do like Dr Yockey, however her staff is the worst. Her PA called me after a uterine biopsy and left a message to tell me I needed surgery because it was abnormal. This message was left on a Thursday and I was unable to get ahold of anyone to find out what was abnormal! On Monday night at 8:30 pm Dr Yockey (yes 5 days later after worrying I was dying of cancer) called me to inform me of results and to explain why I needed surgery. I like her, but nothing is worth being treated like this.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I had been to four other OB/Gyns over the past ten years and none were as thorough and detailed as Dr. Yockey. Since using Advanced Women's Care Center for the past seven years, I have referred many friends and family members with the same results - great patient care. God bless this doctor - I wish we had more like her!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr Yockey was extremely thorough and a top-notch professional. She addressed every concern and the patient care and follow-up was great.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

The best way I can describe Dr. Yockey is she was our angel on earth. I went to her trying to have a baby for a few years. She did all she could for me and when it wasn't working she referred me to someone who could. After successfully getting prego I went back to her and either saw Dr. Yockey or Nicole. Both walked my husband and I through the entire pregnancy and fed us all the knowledge we wanted and needed. Dr. Yockey tells you how it is, she doesn't sugar coat. If you can't handle that manner than she is not the one for you. I think you are missing out. I unfortunately have to leave Dr. Yockey and go to another Dr. for insurance reasons ONLY. I will truly miss both Dr. Yockey and Nicole. Hopefully I will be able to return.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr. Yockey is an incredibly caring physician. I have been seeing her for about 8 years and have always felt like my health and needs are important to her. I am currently pregnant and she has been warm and attentive each time I've seen her and, in part because of the excellent care I'm receiving from her, I have had a very relaxed and completely enjoyable pregnancy thus far. I would certainly recommend Dr. Yockey as an OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Very disappointed in the end her bedside manner and ability to not acknowledge she almost cost me my life. I cannot in all fairness recommend Dr. Yockey to anyone. This surgery was not my first encounter with Dr. Yockey so she knew what kind of patient I was, so when I did place a call after hours complaining about horrific pain, don’t you think she would have heard there was something terribly wrong? She was more put out that she was called twice at home, then to hear me. During this time she was overworked, and overhead in the day surgery she performed. After my near death experience I have talked to others who walked away from her, because of her bedside manner. If only I listened to my inner voice, I wouldn’t be reminded more day then I would like to be of the surgery from hell. I live with a horrible scar and pain along with future surgeries. For possible new patients of Dr. Yockey I would take into consideration the unhappy faces on the ratings listed here.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

Please do not go 2 her of you are pregnant. I complained about leaking at 32 weeks pregnant, was not tested for leaking fluid. My daughter was delivered @ 36 weeks because of a routine ultrasound showing really low fluid. I had also asked 4 an episiotomy & did not get one, I am torn 2 pieces &STILL in PAIN years later. NOW, my 2nd pregnancy, I did try finding other docs but not being from Illinois I was scared to go anywhere else, I had known her & had not been aware that of the risks that involve low fluid until later, bad mistake. I was diagnosed with Cholestasis with my son &DID NOT SEE DR.YOCKEY except for initial visit, even AFTER she new what I had &being high risk since my first pregnancy... CONTINUED ON NEXT COMMENT...

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

Dr. Ranae L. Yockey's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1991)

Scott & White