Ratings for Dr. Philip G. Steude

When I first started seeing Dr. Steude I was suffering from depression and mild anxiety. He helped me with my depression but as my anxiety worsened he just kept adding more benzos to my daily medications. By the time someone else noticed and he had me 5 benzos a day, plus some medication to slow my heart rate, I was barely 110 and I was still having daily panic attacks. To this day I am genuinely grateful and shockes that I made it out alive! I quickly saw a great new psychiatrist who helped me get off all of the benzodiazepines completely! I know Psychiatrists usually aren't known for giving non-drug treatments, but there I also have a reasonable expectation that they won't almost kill you through overdose. Nice guy though

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

First, the person who made critical remarks about Dr. Steude above--as well as about his staff--aparently has a severe case of paranoid schizophrenia or is simply stupid and disagreeable. No one could help such a person. Dr. Steude has been my physician for almost 25 years. I see him only annually now. While it did require a number of years of psychotherapy with him this was due to the particulars of my diagnosis and of extremely harmful life experiences. Nonetheless, with his help we "got there." Medication has been needed at times with some changes but he remains abreast at all times of all therapies available and appropriate to his patients (me, anyway). He is caring and compassionate and also has a wonderful sense of humor appropriately used. I love Dr. Steude and fully recommend him to anyone in need. He is rather expensive, but he is the best.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Dr. Steude is wonderful!!! Visits are frequent at first and then lessen over time. He is very easy to talk to on any subject (even very sensitive/delicate). I've been going to him for a year now and believe it has made such a change in my life. I would recommend him to any friend!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Steude is very good at diagnosis and dealing with complex medical situations. He is compassionate and listens well. His office is great and staff is helpful.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Steude since 1998 - I had been suffering for years and did not know what was wrong with me other than that I was depressed. On the initial evaluation he diagnosed me within minutes -and was spot on - I had OCD and Depression. I have been in "Remission" for about 9.2 years. It took little over 6 monts to find the right medication combo for me - and also had therapy sessions. At first the visits were more frequent - maybe once a week - but then they changed to every 3 months then 6 months - Now I see him annually. Seeking professional help was the best decision of my life. My quality of life now is 200 times better than before diagnosis. I thank God for giving Dr. Steude the intelligence to become a doctor - and help me!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Dr. Philip G. Steude's Credentials

• Univ Of Ky Coll Of Med, Lexington Ky 40536 (Grad. 1972)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal