Ratings for Dr. Tim R. Best

I have been suffering with brain lesion for about 6mths. Was referred by my doctor to see Dr Best. His beside manner is not good, he does not listen to you as far as what works for you or does not work for you. I paid a lot of money for the visit, had noting done, or explained, nor any type of questions. He basically walked in, looked at the floor while speaking to me, gave me a medication that I told him I can not take, that makes me very ill. He walked out the office, never said anything else, and left the door open behind him while I was just sitting there in "aww". I do not recommend anyone going through what I am going through to see , or waste your precious time going to see this thing that calls himself a "doctor'.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I found Dr. Best to be very thorough and knowledgeable and not afraid to refer you to someone more specialized (i.e. headache specialist) if he is unable to help you in a reasonable amount of time. It's true that his bedside manner is different. At first I didn't think he was listening to me but found out soon enough that he can study your chart & test results and listen at the same time. He doesn't make a lot of eye contact or small talk and that may throw some people but I didn't find him uncaring or unsympathetic - possibly a little shy or the "brainiac" type. I have seen several neurologists and he is the first one that did listen to me but also spoke frankly about what treatments might work (my ideas gathered from internet research) and what probably won't. He did not seem to be on an ego trip like some other doctors I've seen in the past. His nurse is also very helpful and you can always expect a promt return call if you leave a message.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

I wasn't impressed with Dr. Best. His personality to me was uncaring and unsympathic. I found his staff to be snappy and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2007

Dr. Tim R. Best's Credentials

• Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Little Rock Ar 72205 (Grad. 1982)

Delta Dental