You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robert McBroom

Hi .im trying to find a surgeon .DR MC BRoom did surgery on my daughter and now she can walk again .Ive been waiting over one years and still waiting for a surgeon.Im going to get my doctor to send DR MCBroom a referal so i can see him because i need help .I have spinal stenosis in my neck and Im have a hard time with the pain .Can you please help me .Diane Pelchat 705-254-1665.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have nothing but praise for Dr. McBroom and his proficient staff. Not only did they get me registered for spinal surgery ahead of the original date, but Dr. Broom as measured from my results is a highly skilled and competent surgeon, working with an excellent operating room staff. He keeps the patient informed at all stages of the process and in a language that is clear and understandable to the patient. Each day at the hospital he dropped into my room to personally check on my progress and answer questions. He is complimented by an attentive and friendly staff at the Trillium Health Partners Hospital. Considering a worrisome spinal condition with the potential for negative results, I could not be more pleased by how Dr. McBroom and his staff treated me. Many thanks only nine weeks after the operation. > McBroom performed

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

In 2004 after not having much luck with anyone local (Waterloo), I was personally referred to Dr. McBroom as I was experiencing dehabilitating sciatica to the point I could no longer stand. Dr. McBroom took a look at my MRI (which I had done in Buffalo, totally worth the $500 and didn't have to wait 6 months) told me I had a severe rupture at L5-S1 and booked me for surgery within 2 weeks. I went into operating room broken, depressed and despondent, and came out a new person. I woke up in post op in complete euphoria. Sure the surgical area hurt, but nothing compared to the excruciating nerve pain that I had been experiencing for previous year. I honestly felt like I had experienced a miracle. I went 10 years pain free, and likely due to my own fault I found myself in a similar situation in 2014. Years of hockey, sitting in a desk chair, and generally not looking after myself the pain had come back. Severely. Figured I'd give Dr. McBroom a call and he agreed to see me. Got another MRI, and once again he made the diagnosis that I had rupture the same disc, this time on the other side. This time he was completely jammed up for a few months, but I agreed to go on a waiting list for cancellations as long as I could be in hospital with 2 days notice. No problem when you're in that much pain. Within a month I got the call and had my second discectomy and for the second time was immediately pain free in the recovery room. I owe the quality of life I now have to Dr. McBroom and couldn't recommend him any higher.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Outstanding surgeon. After surgery I was completely pain free immediately

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I had a very progressed grade 3, almost grade 4 spondylolisthesis. I dealt with debilitating pain for almost 5 years, I was walking crooked (listing to the right), had horrible sciatic pain that NEVER went away, and would pass out from the pain. Before surgery I was in a brace, and couldn't walk without it. Throughout all of this I still managed somehow to get to University and attend most of my classes, but my level of well-being was pretty much a 0. I tried many alternative therapies before considering surgery, chiropractor, osteopath (helped a little) and spinal decompression. I had my first MRI in 2012, where they finally diagnosed what I had. I then tried the other therapies because I was only at a grade 2 at this point. It progressed throughout the years and I finally started looking into surgery. I kept hearing about Dr. McBroom, so I requested a referral to see him. In February 2015 I got my second MRI and found that I was now almost at a grade 4, my surgery was booked for April! Right after my school semester was over. The timing was perfect as I could heal over the summer. I am so happy they got me in right away as I wanted to be healed in time for my fourth year of University. My condition was very progressed, so Dr. McBroom wasn't positive he'd be able to place my vertebrae back to where they originally were, but everything couldn't have gone better!! Instead of the spinal fusion and decompression taking the estimated 4 hours, it took 2.5! My vertebrae could be moved back and the procedure went according to plan. I should have done the surgery years ago (although no one likes to rush into open back surgery). As soon as I woke up, I could feel the relief. No more sciatic pain!! It was honestly the happiest day of my life. I still had pain, but it was entirely different. Muscular pain because my back was split open, but SO MANAGEABLE. Before the surgery I was at an 8 or 9 on the pain scale every single day. Upon waking I would say I was a 3-4 and by the time I left the hospital 5 days later I was at a 1. I was 6 months post-op on October 31st 2015 and am in NO pain. Occasionally my hip will get sore, but that will go away with time. I highly recommend Dr. McBroom to anyone with a spinal problem. He was kind and even cracked a few jokes at my referral appointment with him. I thank him everyday for giving me my life back. I finally feel like a normal human being.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

He did my first surgery in 2013. Now i am in need of another and his office has not called me for months. My mri was faxed 2 months ago and not even a consultation yet! I have been in bed since june! I am a mother of two small children and can barely function! The wait time is absolutely ridiculous!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I travelled three hours to have Dr. McBroom do my surgery. I am extremely happy that I had him as my surgeon. From his helpful staff in the office to his professionalism before and after my surgery I highly recommend this doctor. During my recovery in the hospital I asked the nurses also what they thought about Dr. McBroom ALL the nurses had a very high opinion and respect for him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

He him self is the nices well knowledgeable doctor and did an awesome job on my back ... I would recommend him to anyone .... But his secretary is a bi*h she is also very snobby ... She needs to realize she works in a customer service job and she needs to be more friendly .. Also all the hospital staff nurses an doctors who did my surgery where the best as well I was very scared to have my surgery but they all made me feel confertaable

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I had (notice the past tense) severe, debilitating lumbar pain along with severe, degenerative scoliosis. Dr. McBroom's office contacted me, asking if I ws in enough pain to warrent surgery, and I was. I had my consult at the beginning of March, and by April 13th I was on the operating table. During my consult, Dr. McBroom was kind, knowledgeable and thorough. He took the time to answer every one of my questions, despite his office being busy. There was no rush. He said my fusion surgery, two rods from my T4 to L4, along with repairing degernated discs would help my pain. And did it ever! He visited me three times during my hospital stay, and even when they ended up discovering blood clots on the weekend. If you have an oportunity to have a consultation with this fine surgeon, take it. I am forever grateful, because I have my life back!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

If you've got a back that needs fixing. McBroom's your man. My wife suffered with severe stenosis. He fixed her in one go and now she's hopping about like a spring bunny. Brilliant guy.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr. Robert McBroom's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Hi .im trying to find a surgeon .DR MC BRoom did surgery on my daughter and now she can walk again .Ive been waiting over one years and still waiting for a surg..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but praise for Dr. McBroom and his proficient staff. Not only did they get me registered for spinal surgery ahead of the original date, but Dr. B..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "In 2004 after not having much luck with anyone local (Waterloo), I was personally referred to Dr. McBroom as I was experiencing dehabilitating sciatica to the p..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding surgeon. After surgery I was completely pain free immediately"

November 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a very progressed grade 3, almost grade 4 spondylolisthesis. I dealt with debilitating pain for almost 5 years, I was walking crooked (listing to the righ..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He did my first surgery in 2013. Now i am in need of another and his office has not called me for months. My mri was faxed 2 months ago and not even a consultat..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I travelled three hours to have Dr. McBroom do my surgery. I am extremely happy that I had him as my surgeon. From his helpful staff in the office to his prof..."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "He him self is the nices well knowledgeable doctor and did an awesome job on my back ... I would recommend him to anyone .... But his secretary is a bi*h she is..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had (notice the past tense) severe, debilitating lumbar pain along with severe, degenerative scoliosis. Dr. McBroom's office contacted me, asking if I ws in e..."

June 4, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L4T0" to "L5B 2P7". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 101 Queensway West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19052765829".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you've got a back that needs fixing. McBroom's your man. My wife suffered with severe stenosis. He fixed her in one go and now she's hopping about like a ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had a referral t Dr McBroom last May (2014). we heard nothing back froM his office for 3 months so we called inquiring about a time frame and were told "We wi..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best Dr I have come across for being on time and he talks so you can understand him. No Latin medical terms just straight English. He did a decompression and ..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.McBroom did surgery for my mother, she had spinal stenosis &unreversed compression at L5-S1 , he is a wonderful doctor , good manner , his secretory Dona , s..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. McBroom in 1984 at the age of 17 when I broke my neck c5 and 2 vertebras in my back. Was in traction in the hospital for a month and a halo vest for 3..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff that are quick to cut you off as you try to explain something. No issues with Dr. McBroom however he is not enthusiastic nor..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Had spinal surgery in 2005. was o.k. for a few years, now I have lost 90% feeling in my left foot. Not sure what can be done for this"

September 9, 2014