Ratings for Dr. Robert McBroom

Dr Mcbroom is a dream come true. Performed major 9 hour back surgery, which was a complete success. He's the reason I am alive today. Within 2 min of meeting me he told me that I have a shorter leg. In 21 years nobody had ever told me that. I had no idea. Everyone just thought that I leaned more to one side because the curvature of my spine was more evident on one side. Very brilliant and also very caring.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

After 15 years of pain and suffering, I came across Dr. McBroom. I had been told 3 years ago that I had 6 months to a year and I would be in a wheelchair. I would not give up and would not conceed to that fate! Dr. McBroom saw my MRI and immediately told me what he could do for me. Major surgery required and after 2 days in hospital post surgery I could stand straight again and walk. This man is the most personable and knowledgeable doctor I have met. He actually seemed as pleased with my progress as I was and was truly haqppy for me. I would recommend anyone with serious back problems to get a referral to Dr. McBroom. He is worth the wait! Love this man.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Love Doctor McBroom.He did 2 surgeries on my Mom with great results

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Hi .im trying to find a surgeon .DR MC BRoom did surgery on my daughter and now she can walk again .Ive been waiting over one years and still waiting for a surgeon.Im going to get my doctor to send DR MCBroom a referal so i can see him because i need help .I have spinal stenosis in my neck and Im have a hard time with the pain .Can you please help me .Diane Pelchat 705-254-1665.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have nothing but praise for Dr. McBroom and his proficient staff. Not only did they get me registered for spinal surgery ahead of the original date, but Dr. Broom as measured from my results is a highly skilled and competent surgeon, working with an excellent operating room staff. He keeps the patient informed at all stages of the process and in a language that is clear and understandable to the patient. Each day at the hospital he dropped into my room to personally check on my progress and answer questions. He is complimented by an attentive and friendly staff at the Trillium Health Partners Hospital. Considering a worrisome spinal condition with the potential for negative results, I could not be more pleased by how Dr. McBroom and his staff treated me. Many thanks only nine weeks after the operation. > McBroom performed

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

In 2004 after not having much luck with anyone local (Waterloo), I was personally referred to Dr. McBroom as I was experiencing dehabilitating sciatica to the point I could no longer stand. Dr. McBroom took a look at my MRI (which I had done in Buffalo, totally worth the $500 and didn't have to wait 6 months) told me I had a severe rupture at L5-S1 and booked me for surgery within 2 weeks. I went into operating room broken, depressed and despondent, and came out a new person. I woke up in post op in complete euphoria. Sure the surgical area hurt, but nothing compared to the excruciating nerve pain that I had been experiencing for previous year. I honestly felt like I had experienced a miracle. I went 10 years pain free, and likely due to my own fault I found myself in a similar situation in 2014. Years of hockey, sitting in a desk chair, and generally not looking after myself the pain had come back. Severely. Figured I'd give Dr. McBroom a call and he agreed to see me. Got another MRI, and once again he made the diagnosis that I had rupture the same disc, this time on the other side. This time he was completely jammed up for a few months, but I agreed to go on a waiting list for cancellations as long as I could be in hospital with 2 days notice. No problem when you're in that much pain. Within a month I got the call and had my second discectomy and for the second time was immediately pain free in the recovery room. I owe the quality of life I now have to Dr. McBroom and couldn't recommend him any higher.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Outstanding surgeon. After surgery I was completely pain free immediately

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I had a very progressed grade 3, almost grade 4 spondylolisthesis. I dealt with debilitating pain for almost 5 years, I was walking crooked (listing to the right), had horrible sciatic pain that NEVER went away, and would pass out from the pain. Before surgery I was in a brace, and couldn't walk without it. Throughout all of this I still managed somehow to get to University and attend most of my classes, but my level of well-being was pretty much a 0. I tried many alternative therapies before considering surgery, chiropractor, osteopath (helped a little) and spinal decompression. I had my first MRI in 2012, where they finally diagnosed what I had. I then tried the other therapies because I was only at a grade 2 at this point. It progressed throughout the years and I finally started looking into surgery. I kept hearing about Dr. McBroom, so I requested a referral to see him. In February 2015 I got my second MRI and found that I was now almost at a grade 4, my surgery was booked for April! Right after my school semester was over. The timing was perfect as I could heal over the summer. I am so happy they got me in right away as I wanted to be healed in time for my fourth year of University. My condition was very progressed, so Dr. McBroom wasn't positive he'd be able to place my vertebrae back to where they originally were, but everything couldn't have gone better!! Instead of the spinal fusion and decompression taking the estimated 4 hours, it took 2.5! My vertebrae could be moved back and the procedure went according to plan. I should have done the surgery years ago (although no one likes to rush into open back surgery). As soon as I woke up, I could feel the relief. No more sciatic pain!! It was honestly the happiest day of my life. I still had pain, but it was entirely different. Muscular pain because my back was split open, but SO MANAGEABLE. Before the surgery I was at an 8 or 9 on the pain scale every single day. Upon waking I would say I was a 3-4 and by the time I left the hospital 5 days later I was at a 1. I was 6 months post-op on October 31st 2015 and am in NO pain. Occasionally my hip will get sore, but that will go away with time. I highly recommend Dr. McBroom to anyone with a spinal problem. He was kind and even cracked a few jokes at my referral appointment with him. I thank him everyday for giving me my life back. I finally feel like a normal human being.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

He did my first surgery in 2013. Now i am in need of another and his office has not called me for months. My mri was faxed 2 months ago and not even a consultation yet! I have been in bed since june! I am a mother of two small children and can barely function! The wait time is absolutely ridiculous!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I travelled three hours to have Dr. McBroom do my surgery. I am extremely happy that I had him as my surgeon. From his helpful staff in the office to his professionalism before and after my surgery I highly recommend this doctor. During my recovery in the hospital I asked the nurses also what they thought about Dr. McBroom ALL the nurses had a very high opinion and respect for him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015