Ratings for Dr. Don J. Elazar

I was seen by this "doctor" only because I had no psychiatrist whilst an inpatient, and they referred me to follow up with him. Well, after a week, it was bye bye. He tries to set his patients up for failure--even legally--when treating them. He laughs at things about your disability that are uncontrollable, but funny to him. I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Rude,does not counsel only gives meds,will demean you and insult you with name calling,kept thinking it would change,it didn',so I changed drs

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Dr. Elazar treated me after a follow-up appointment in a post-discharged visit from an inpatient hospital. I agree with one of the reviewers here. He tries to take over your family physician's care and I looked at my medical records from Elazar, and had to legally cite clauses that I have the right to correct extremely fallible errors and lies. He holds your past psychiatric history against you and uses it to demean you and make you feel guilty when you exhibit symptoms of your disability. He will not support you in times of need and will actually ridicule and scorn you. AVOID THIS SORRY EXCUSE FOR A "PSYCHIATRIST."

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

This doctor has a judgmental persona about him. He is uneasy to talk to. I was literally scared to tell this doctor anything for fear I would get chastised. He has tried to take over care which I was receiving from my family doctor. I was extremely unhappy with him. His staff are great, too bad they are the only ones.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

Dr. Don J. Elazar's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1990)

MSP/BC Med