Ratings for Dr. Ghadeer A. Okayli

I find Dr. Okayli to be very concerned with my well being and medical treatment. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of medicine and often awes me with her ability diagnose symptoms and provide appropriate medications. Dr. Okayli is a naturalized American citizen and although she is still learning about our culture, she enjoys being educated about American idioms and cultural references. I would ask all reading this not to judge her so harshly - unless you are from Native American stock, your own ancestors were once immigrants and had to learn the culture.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

She is gone on vacation a lot and her hours are not very accommodating. She is a mother of young children and they are her priority. While I believe she is very intelligent, she sticks her foot in her mouth a lot and can come across as insensitive and demeaning. I don't think that this is culture based. It's just her training and personality. During the last visit she forgot that she put me on another medication to treat some symptoms that I have complained of for a long time. I had to remind her. This may be the proverbial last straw. I have given her every benefit of the doubt but have to seriously think about whether I want to shell out $125 out-of-pocket for each visit since she won't take insurance.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

Dr. Ghadeer Okayli was born in Saudi Arabia, and trained at a medical school there. She has a limited knowledge of American culture, and the American way. Thus, she is handicapped when judging the anxieties and concerns of Texans. Her practice should be confined to mental institutions, not addressing everyday people with neuroses that could be helped with talk therapy.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

I've enjoyed working with Dr. Okayli and she has done a great deal to help me. I feel she is extremely knowledgeable and intelligent. She helped me find the right medication and has followed up with me regularly.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Demeaning and more concerned with her "integrity" then she is with helping her pts. We actually fired her on our 5th visit for my husband. She was dismissive about my husbands issues and defensive if anything was suggested by anyone other than her. All she wanted was to further medicate my husband when his goal is to confront the ghosts of his past and move on with his life. I plan on writing her up to he medical board of examiners. Her care was absolutely atrocious. She does not see the individual, only a diagnosis in front of her.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

Dr. Ghadeer A. Okayli's Credentials

• King Faisal Univ, Coll Of Med & Med Sci, Dammam, Sau Arabia (Grad. 1988)