Ratings for Dr. Kelley A. Farmer

I should have been tipped off by the towering stacks of magazines and papers on her office floor--it is her space, and you are invading it. Poor listening skills, her goal is to write a script, then have you pay $95 every 6 months for her to renew it. I have never had a doctor who exhibited the lack of interest in me as a person than Dr. Farmer, and that includes visits to Docs in a Box.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

In my opinion Dr. Farmer herself needs a psychiatrist. She is so unfriendly and emotionless and seems nearly catatonic, with zero inflection in her bored-sounding monotonous voice, which is a symptom of schizophrenia. She asked me about some of my problems and then when I proceeded to describe them she interrupted me and said "why don't you save that for your therapist". I went to her to renew my lexapro prescription, which she refused to do and instead put me on some antipsychotic schizophrenia medication which I obviously never filled, nor did I ever return to her joke of a practice.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor. She is not at all personable and every time I went in for my 15 min med check, I felt like I was inconveniencing her. She didn't seem to care about me as a person at all. I also had MANY problems with her not calling in prescriptions, giving the wrong amount of refills, and even charging me for calling in a prescription because I was due for an appointment (even though I already had one scheduled at the time). I have never changed psychiatrists unless I am moving to a new city, but this will be a first.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Zero people skills. Looks at her notes rather than at you when you ask her questions. Sort of makes you feel like you're an object rather than a person. Maybe this is a bit harsh, but I guess I expect more personal respect from a physician. She may be a good person and she may care, I just didn't feel she really showed this. She prescribed me Lamictal, which worked great. The other two things she prescribed didn't work well. It's so hard to tell if a psychiatrist is knowledgeable, so she may very well be. However, I'm switching to another psychiatrist. The $75 is for a 15-minute medication check.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Dr. Kelley A. Farmer's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1991)