Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Palmer

Best doctor ever, been with him over 22+ years. Straight forward, and trustworthy.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

The only reason this guy gets 1 star is because there isn't an option for 0 stars. He is utterly unhelpful, dismissive and simply does not care. I missed one appointment and he has refused to refill the powerful antidepressant he has me on until I come to see him TOMORROW. ONE PILL of Paxil! It is not a narcotic or your typical "controlled" substance, however the withdrawal effects are SEVERE. I have basically BEGGED for ONE PILL to ease the withdrawal effects and he TOLD HIS SECRETARY (who would not let me speak to the guy) to tell me that I can wait until tomorrow to get a refill. I am OUTRAGED and personally offended by this guy who charges me $100+ for each visit. I will NEVER go to this guy again and highly recommend that you don't either. I am now forced to go to an Urgent Care clinic filled with sick patients with my 6-month old BABY to seek ONE DOSE of this stupid medicine that I don't even want to be on any more, because he decided my withdrawal wasn't important.

Submitted August 30, 2010

Dr. Palmer is a wonderful doctor. We have been to several other doctors and he by far is the best. He is very knowledgable and takes the time to really listen to what is going on. He spends as much time as needed during the appointment times and he always returns calls within a few hours. He is very careful when swithching medications as to slowly take my daughter off of one and gradually adds the new medication so as not to have an adverse affects. He only changes one medication at a time and once that medication is stable he than modifies the dosage or changes the other medications. My daughter takes medication for two different diagnoses so changing one medication at a time seems best. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a pyschiatrist for themselves or a loved one. He is awesome!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009