Ratings for Dr. Stephen Wood

Dr Wood was my OBGYN with my twin pregnancy and he is so knowledgable and experienced. The ultrasound doctors would cause panic for small things and Dr Wood would always make me feel at ease. He has a dry sense of humour but is always professional and personable. Great guy!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr Wood delivered my son via high forces delivery 16 years ago. I had a broken tailbone and an infected episiotomy with his care. I had so much trauma that I was unable to pee without a catheter for 7 weeks. He was unsympathetic and uncaring. I would never ever recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

Terrible doctor. Like the other people on here Dr Wood rushed through my appointment was very rough in his examination and didn't explain or go through any of my options. He said surgery was the best option for me which I agreed to got my surgery booked, took time off work, sat in the day surgery unit all day only to be told at 5pm that my surgery was cancelled! I was told this by a poor nurse who didn't know anything ( and felt terrible). Dr Wood didn't even bother to come tell me himself, apparently he had gone home already!! Terrible experience!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Wood's no nonsense attitude is what saved my daughter's life. She is 16 and pregnant. We ended up in the emergency dept. because my daughters was having vicious stomach cramps. We spent hours with her blood pressure scary low, high fever and racing heart rate. The doctors did test after test and couldn't figure out what was wrong. We ended up admitted to the gyno dept. where he right away questioned the diagnosis of a kidney infection and realized my daughter was in septic shock (blood poisoning). If it wasn't for his quick actions, I suspect it may have been a far different outcome. My daughter is doing amazingly now and we are being discharged today. I thank you Dr.Wood and your amazing staff for saving my daughter's life.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

He was very unprofessional and impatient with me. He did not listen to any of my concerns or questions and started leaving the room as he was answer me, not letting me inquire further. He also was very rough when conducting his diagnosis and didn't respect my comfort at all. He even called it 'torture' himself. He worsened my situation even further and I wish I never came here to see him. It was a nightmare.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I work in healthcare, and have had to deal with all sort of specialists and personalities; this experience was by far the most shocking behaviour that I have ever encountered. Dr. Wood was not interested in discussing anything, other than the fact that he did not think that my situation was worthy of a referral to his service. He literally threw the exam sheet across the room and onto the table as he walked out to get the nurse. After all of this, he sent a letter to my doctor, stating I did not want help. The letter was so shocking to my GP, who felt as if the depiction of the situation was very out of character for me. Actually, Dr. Wood, I was left speechless by your lack of common human decency and complete abscence of bedside manner...that did not mean I did not want help. I waited months for that appointment, and left feeling worse than ever, and still have no resolve for my ongoing issues.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

This is the worst doctor I have ever seen. He is rude, did not listen to my concerns and then just walked out of the room and left me alone and crying. DO NOT see this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I saw Dr Wood today and I left crying. He was totally unprofessional. My oncologist referred me to him for an oophectomy. He started telling me that I needed to go off of a particular drug and that I didn't need to have an oophectomy because my chance of getting ovarian cancer was slim. I was 38 and diagnosed with breast cancer stage 3b. I was sent to him because my oncologist thinks it's a good idea to get the surgery. He stood up and left the room. He wouldn't answer my questions or hear my concerns. Needless to say I'm being referred to another doctor. THE WORST DOCTER EVER!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Amazing delivery doctor, cannot believe how comfortable and confident he made me and the people around him feel during the birth of my daughter.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Immature and unproffesional dialogue with staff, hasty, goofy, cold and knowledgeable about surgical and pharmaceutical options but did not offer any wholesome solutions for self care. Any woman who feels self empowered should not use this doctor

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017