Ratings for Dr. Marie T. Kelly

a doctor's doctor! prepared, knowledgable listener.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

I went to Dr. Kelly for several years. I believe she sincerely did her best, and she definitely DID help me in several ways. But there were problems with she and I staying mentally “connected” such that she could truly get inside my head. I have some verbal aphasia issues (Abuse/PTSD induced) which did not help her to hear my thoughts. This left me feeling very stressed out after the appointments. After losing my job, she dropped me from being a patient, thus leaving me without medication. I wandered around homeless after the police came and put all my possessions on the curb. FORTUNATELY, Dr. Kelly left me with enough documentation to eventually qualify for social security disability; else I would have committed suicide, secondary to losing my home of 25years, possessions, and income. Just know that as I fell from 100k/yr into homelessness, good physicians like Dr. Kelly cannot reverse mental faculty deterioration. Go meet Dr. Kelly and her rabbit. They are both nice people.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

I have used used Dr Kelly on several occasions for depression. She is always on time, discrete and compassionate. As a female, it is also an added blessing that she is board certified in ob/gyn. I don't mind paying cash, as it keeps my personal business private...Let's face it, a fancy facial costs more and she is a way more helpful!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Dr. Kelly is a terrible psychiatrist. She does not take insurance and is far to rigid a person to be working with patients who have mental illness. Personally, I was seeing her for postpartum depression, but, because I missed several appointments (something that is easy to do with PPD because you are incredibly forgetful and unmotivated) she dropped me as a client. Now, I can understand from a buisiness perspective why she would choose to do this, I did cost her several hundred dollars after all, but she also left me with little or no medication. Allowing a patient with mental illness to go without the psychotropic medication they've been taking to regulate the illness is not just unethical, it's cruel. So, unless you're almost perfect I would not recommend Dr. Kelly, of course if you were almost perfect you probably wouldn't need to be seeing a psychiatrist in the first place.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

Dr. Marie T. Kelly's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1974)